what would cause a 120 mile lsvtec headgasektet blow?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok this swap is never ending! my boy came to me with his lsvtec already together, and he wanted me to help him finish it off. stuff like the rear main seal flywheel clutch oil pan and so on. we got it in and running. he had about 15 people messing with his motor and had some of his friends mess something up and he called me over to fix! NO HERE IS THE SHIT. we got the car on the road i told him do not beat on this motor it is brand new and you can't rev the shit out of it yet. when i say it is brand new. according to the old owner of the motor he had all brand new parts in there, pistons rings and so on. so he was driving the car and he was chirping the tires and he told me bro i have a major lose of horsepower. i checked the compression and 2 and 3 had very low numbers. had him turn the motor on and it had a nice sweet smell. headgasket blown. now what i want to know is how the hell did he blow a brand new headgasket? did the old owner do something wrong? or because it was so brand new and he was beating on the motor it didn't get the chance to seat right?

Just installed the same set up. My gasket blew at around 45 miles. Took it apart, and check it out. The head studs were stripped. I installed new ones and now it runs fine.

yeah i put a new headgasket on it and nothing has gone wrong yet i just want to know what the hell could of cased it

improper installation man.. he properly torqued the studs down wrong. Or didn't re-torque them after 10 heat cycles

yeah that is what i am thinking he didn't do but i got it running with perfect compression now and i begged him not to beat on it for at least 1000 miles!

Back