what would i need to get more power out of my engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

idk some dude was tellin me to put tht engine in.. and my grammer is good i just choose to cut corners dont feel like typing a lot.. is a h22 good?about how much hp?

Any shop should have a compression tester. It shouldn't be that expensive either.

Or you can buy one cheap or rent one I believe, and a compression test isn't that hard to do.

If the engine fails the test, you've either got a blown head gasket, stuck valve, worn piston ring, etc. You can have a leakdown test done to find out exactly where it's leaking. Not many shops will do it though so I'd just change the head gasket first, then get another compression test and if it fails again, rebuild.

An H22 is about 200 hp stock, but also costs a lot more than a nitrous system that will make your car faster anyway.

lol yea true and i try to do ass much work myself b/c i wana learn as i go and i gues im thinkin of just gettin a nitrous kit for now thanks for all the helpfull info!!! also i feel like gettin a swap maby in the near future wat engine would be good for around 800 to 1g? i found vtec engine for about 6 to 7 but from wat i herd vtec arnt tht good tht a lsv would be better nd cheaper.

Deal with that later. Focus on right now. Right now you want more power, close to 200 hp, and that means right now just worry about getting that nitrous system after a compression test.

Don't get ahead of yourself. It only leads to overthinking and getting frustrated trust me.

I could tell you all about my plans for the 93 dx and believe me I have plenty, but right now, I'm working on fixing the front end (new rad support, front bumper support, fenders, hood, lights). The rest comes later.

You need to do more research before you think of doing anything to your car. If you are getting all your information from your friends, then I would shoot them between the eyes--they know as much as you do.

Save your money while you drive your stock car around. A grand will barely buy you a decent swap. Not to mention you need mounts, linkage, ECU, tuning, tires, suspension, etc. Save your money, and think about it when you have a few grand.

you should wait and think about what your actual plans are for the future also.
like are you going to keep this car long?? because if not the go ahead and get nitrous if u are...
save and think about what you really want...
i have had many plans for my car and now that she is not unning it gave me time to think about what im going to do.

nitrous is about all that you are going to get for that price range good luck going fast with that engine and long gear ratio trans. save your dollars and get a swap

Or you can put a really, really loud exhaust on there. We all know a loud exhaust automatically means fast! That's how ricers are born.

Back