1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by sohchatch89, Sep 10, 2007.

1. sohchatch89

sohchatch89 New Member

aye fellaz i got 1990 honda civic hatchback si all stock, and dont know wat i should do. what would you do with the engine.

2. 1988hondacrxsiR1

1988hondacrxsiR1 Banned

go with jdm b16a siR obd0 engine w/ ys1 tranny stock pr3 ecu
    and willing to spent one month and 17 days to dedication to learn and finish the swap on your own. The total expense would be $1500 to $2000 hope this helps.

3. 1988hondacrxsiR1

1988hondacrxsiR1 Banned

go with jdm b16a siR obd0 engine w/ ys1 tranny stock pr3 ecu
    and willing to spent one month and 17 days to dedication to learn and finish the swap on your own. The total expense would be $1500 to $2000 hope this helps.

PS: Replace water pump oil pump and all seals and gaskets I learned the hard way

4. mikey bottles

mikey bottles Prof. Bottles

thats a ? you should ask yourself.. everyone here will have different opinions, some of us preach dohc over sohc or vice versa.. others dont have a preference. if its a daily driver that you just wanna make more fun to drive without going over the top, then figure out how much power you wanna make, what your budget is, and do some homework to figure out which setup is best for you.

5. sohchatch89

sohchatch89 New Member

well i wanna first stay with my sohc until i blow it and then swap it. so fellaz what mods should i put on my sohc. i mean wat would you do. with a d16a6.

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

What do you want to do with it? Drag? Road course? Autocross? Highway racing (not encouraging it)? What's your budget? There are a million ways you can build the engine on a million different budgets.

7. mikey bottles

mikey bottles Prof. Bottles

8. sohchatch89

sohchatch89 New Member

i would like going for the streets right now. stick wit da sohc for awhile den swap a dohc later. but going for street legal. just wanna soop up da sohc. like prolly slap some vtec on it. a manifold, and all that just need a list of wat would be best for it. got like couple hundred not too much for right now. just wanna have some fun. beat some stock b16 smoke some teggy ls. just enough to have some fun fellaz. please and thanx for the help.

9. sohchatch89

sohchatch89 New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted