what ya think about MAACO?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was thinking of painting my car. ya know if maaco does a good job?

goes back to the old saying, you get what you paid for....acually they do a alright job on paint. not show car quality but it works....depends on the color your wanting...

exactly, you get what you pay for, if you have them do a $200 paint job you probably wont be too happy with it. If you pay 5-600 you should be satisfied

they are usually cheap shitty paint jobs.

ALL of their paintjobs except the $1000 one are one stage, that means they mix the clearcoat with the paint. BAD BAD BAD BAD

the Signature that runs about $1000 is the only 2 stage.

also i recommend doing all the sanding and filling yourself. because they wont. if you have any paint chips they will be painted right over, sand and fill all your chips first.

i also recommend getting your car painted the same color again. so you dont have to pay to get your doorjambs painted. and if they dont layer it thick enough(which they probablly wont) it wont show as bad.

yea mine was painted there and it was worth the money being that my car was shit brown and i changed it to blue but if i could go back i would fix all dents and shit myself and take it to a good place to get a good quality paint job that will be there for a long time maacos paint at the edges and shit flakes and chips after a little while

I've known several people who got royally screwed by Maaco. One even got the Signature job, and STILL got screwed. Stay far, far away if you love your car.

I have herd a lot of people rag on maaco, I have seen them do a good job also. Their was a friend of mine that had his car painted there, they took out all the dents and painted it. Looked good and when I saw it, it was already 8 months old! Maybe he got lucky. I also saw a dude get his car painted and about 4 months along it was about 50% chipped off already where the black was showing! (car was painted white)

I had a car painted at Maaco wants and it looked good for about a 2yrs. and I only paid $314. So I say get one of there expensive jobs done and it would be pretty decent. If you go somewhere else and pay like $1500 or so it would probably be about the same as Maaco's expensive one that will not cost quite as much.

Peace*

Yeah if you want orange peel like a mo fo! Go to MAACO.. they do a real good job at it. Save your cash. Shit do it yourself... it would still turn out better!

RUN! $900 UP FRONT WITH THE CAR (1 COLOR JOB)WAS READY 4 MONTHS LATER! CALLED "BAR" GOT THE CAR IN THE SHOP WAS READY IN 2 DAYS!...RUN(IN SAN DIEGO)

where im station (Dover AFB) at right now, MAACO has the contract for painting the military vehicles. and they suck at it too... :D

Back