Whats a good swap for a 91 integra???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when i say 150 max i'm not referring to oil pressure i'm saying the price of the type r oil pump should drop you max 150....go to this site to find cheaper stock acura parts:

carland acura auto parts

the part for a type r pump is only 96 from them....part number 9023

buy the head, buy a golden eagle vtec kit, arp rod bolts is the least you should do to the block...pm me ive already built 2 lsv....

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 6 2005, 09:39 AM
I would never put a b16 in a teg. That's just me, I wouldn't put a b16 in a go cart (maybe, but not in a car). All I'd ever want from a b16 is the head and even that is pushing it if you already have a good LS.

I strongly reccomend, you spend your money on the Ls or get a GSR. LS's have plenty of potential. And a LST is a damn fast engine, and LSV is also pretty damn fast, an N/A Ls isn't much to talk about but it can beat a stock b16 and possibly a stock GSR if its built right.

Even if you just do a little junkyard turbo set up youll be faster than any stock b16 swap in a DA or DC for what could be around the same price. I am a little biased though, I'm not a huge fan of vtec and I like boost. I also have some wierd obsession with LS's.

[post=441956]Quoted post[/post]​

You do have a strange obsession with LS's. :p

Personally, I wouldn't rock an LS ..... EVER.....even if someone gave it to me for free. But to each his own. Just doesnt make sence to me to spend all sorts of extra cash on bolt ons and internal work, just to make it go as fast as a B16A or B18C1. Whats the point? To me, all the B18A/B motors are is parts....a block...thats about it. Shit head, shit tranny. I dunno, thats just what I think.

And another thing....I've had both a B18C1 and a B16A SiRII in my EG (the GSR got stolen), and to tell you the truth, I dont really see any diffrence between them except the B16 makes it's power higher up on the tach....thats it....one wasn't any faster than the other. :shrug2:

To me, all the B18A/B motors are is parts....a, shit tranny
[post=442618]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

the ls tranny is one of the best FI tanny you can put on a turboed honda.....

[the ls tranny is one of the best FI tanny you can put on a turboed honda.....
[post=442622]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Assuming motors are the same the b16 will win every time.

To me, all the B18A/B motors are is parts....a, shit tranny
[post=442618]Quoted post[/post]​

the ls tranny is one of the best FI tanny you can put on a turboed honda.....
[post=442622]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Not really dude.....the LS gear ratios are great for FI, the actual LS tranny in itself is a pile of shit. Weak ass syncro's....thats all I got to say. Step up to a JDM ITR or CTR tranny and you get dual syncros. To hold up to the extra power of a turbo, I'd say that those two trannies would be considerably better than the LS tranny for FI.

yes the trans and head is garbage in stock form.

If you port and polish the head it's not as bad, sure a vtec head will flow better but the LS one can flow decently with a little work. I pnped both of mine.

The trans is garbage and I wouldn't use it on a FI or any other set up unless I had too. I would use the LS 5th gear (maybe 4th as well) and that's about it. I mean it's not that bad but it's no where near the best choice. I just like the motor, not really a fan of the car it came from nor the trans or anything else much associated with it.

Back