Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guittard's

• Godiva

• Li

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celerity

Hello all,

While being a nice all around gent, and master Honda Craftsman, I also enjoy the delights of Culinary arts.

I'm making batches of chocolate truffles. And it's real tough and messy to actually create chocolate from raw ingredients. So I'm taking a quick poll to see what the preferred chocolate is amongst you choco-fiends and candy monsters.

Godiva is of course some damned good chocolate, but it's sold like bricks of fucking gold. They are stamped and packaged and cost like 40 times what the rest do. My friend's family is the Guittard family, but I regard their chocolate as nothing more than cocoa flavored wax.

If you have another suggestion for a company that sells chocolate plain and in bulk, let me know.

Thanks !

-> Steve

yeah Lindt truffles own me B)

P.S.- i'm very impressed that you're into cooking as well, glad i'm not the only one on this board

i cook all the time and bake. Just made oatmeal chocolate chit cookies, i make home made brownies all the time, and i Q like a mother fucker, and cooking curry chicken or shrimp with some potatos over rices ummmmmmmmmm and then loads and loads of hot sauce WOOOOOOOOOo dat shit is bizzomb. Oh and home mades tacos with a home made taco mix. i doo it all, though i fucked up fudge up one time so i never even wanted to try truffles, chocolates ahrd to work with and even the slitest bit of anything in the mix even just a not perfectly clean spoon will fuck the taste of the chocolate up. good luck man you should send some to <this chocolate feeeeeeend

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Feb 23 2004, 04:05 PM
Steve making truffles for Sue.... :eek:

Word travels fast :)

-> Steve

But now I know how it travels.

Off topic, but it's my topic so I'll threadjack it:

Sue's new diet is a real bitch to cook for. no sugar, no sodium, no meat, no dairy. I can steam vegetables, and that's about it.

Ah, I see that now.

Too many forums to keep track of here !

Godiva = Kraft
Ghiradelli = Over priced choclate, which is not all that good to begin with, and I am from where it was invented.
Guittard's = Tasteless choclate, that comes with a high price.
Lindt = Best on the list

My personal recomendation is See's, although many may disagree, their dark choclate is some of the better well priced choclate out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back