What's my best option

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93cxhatch

My friend just bought a 1996 integra with the LS motor and I hooked him up with my friends b16 so he gave me the motor. Just wondering what would be the best thing to do. It will be driven daily and it will be in my 93 civic hatch. Should I do LS/vtec? or just build it and put a turbo on it? I was thinking of putting in type R pistons and rods with a performance crank. (I don't think the Type R crankshaft would work) Then putting on the Type R head. Not sure if this would work out too well. Otherwise I would build the motor and to lower compression and throw a turbo on it. It also came with the ls tranny, but I was thinking about getting the Gsr tranny.

If this is just your daily driver, I would not totally rebuild the internals for turbo. Instead, swap the LS in there, save up for the Greedy turbo kit, up grade to an intercooler, and then spend some money on E manage or Hondata. That should leave you pretty happy.

keep the LS stock internally with stock tranny and throw a turbo on there will be your easiest cheapest and most powerful option.

If you really don't know what to do and don't want to you can always sell that LS motor, I say swap in the motor, keep it simple with a decent header, quiet exhaust, some type of intake, and just daily it.

Milan

Back