whats so bad about

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mygsr

i hear everyone talk shit about obx whats so bad about it?

Overall shitty products. You get what you pay for is a staple in the aftermarket automobile industry.

I always have a blast when I go there. Go there and hang glide on the Kill Devil Hill sand dunes. It's badass. :thumbsup:

edit: lmao, I'm an idiot. I thought u meant the Outer Banks. :p

OBX is pretty and cheap. But it doesn' tlast long. I have an OBX midpipe on my Civic. And it looks fuckin great, except the 9, yes 9, holes that have developed and been exhaust tape repaired.

Yeah, they use inferior materials and weld only on the outside. They don't backpurge with Argon and they don't weld inside of tubes. They also use thin walled steel in order to cut costs. Short of an OBX catch can or shift knob, I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.

Best spit between price and quality is Megan. They're pretty cheap - but not cheap in quality.

Quoted post[/post]]
I always have a blast when I go there. Go there and hang glide on the Kill Devil Hill sand dunes. It's badass. :thumbsup:

edit: lmao, I'm an idiot. I thought u meant the Outer Banks. :p
Hell yea i love the Outer Banks. Always wanted to try and snowboard down the dunes, i think that would be awsome.

I have an OBX header, it only broke ONCE!!!!!!!
Hit the tracks, dewelded the flange and such, i think they're in business with SSAC.
I plan to avoid them in the future.
I did have noticable gains with the 4-1 header in my b16 though for high end.

i have an OBX carbon fiber intake and it works great. looks good too.
haven't had any problems with it in alomost a year. the temp stays well below what an aluminum tube would be at. i heard good stuff about some of their products, and bad about others.

Back