Whats The Best Egnine To Swap In Ls Integ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

krossoverr33

Hello, I wanted to drop a new engine in my LS Integ. I was debating weather I should put a b18c or a h22 in there... which one would be the better? Or is there another engine that i should go for...? Help?

3rd. It all depends on what you want. If you don't have a lot of money to spend, LS/VTEC, want someting reliable, B18C1, got money and want something reliable, B18C5, got wads of money to spend and nothin better to do, H22

How much does the average cost for a b18c1 including labor? The engine I have currently in there is getting old (130,000 mi). I am better off going with a low mile b18c1 rather than doing Ls/vtec, correct?

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jun 2 2003, 05:28 PM
3rd. It all depends on what you want. If you don't have a lot of money to spend, LS/VTEC, want someting reliable, B18C1, got money and want something reliable, B18C5, got wads of money to spend and nothin better to do, H22

I dont know about many other places but the B18c and B18c/r engines both cost more than an H22 at hmotorsonline.com. I say go with the H22 and some hasport mounts if your using the car for nothing more than a daily driver. That or a B18c for the least amount of problems IMO.

the h22 in an integra will be faster than an integra with a b18c1 in it.. if the cars are the same weight and the engines have identical mods.

But what you save in buying the H22 over the B18C, you will spend in making the engine fit properly. All of the swaps you have listed would be potent in that chassis. What do you want to do with the car?

what about just boosting the LS engine???

A B18b1 motor just begs to be turbo'd, due to the low compression ratio.

A friend of mine is using a tubonetics hybrid t3/t4 w intercooler, header, intake, custom exhaust on a internally stock B18b1 with a racing clutch and street/strip axles
in a 94 integra and consistently pulls mid 12's. (yoko avs's and 130k original miles.)

When in doubt....more boost!!!!

really? he used a header on a turbo? thats a new one....
:bash:

Back