whats the best engine to get for 3200 or under?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There's nothing wrong in buying the engine and having the patience to put it in later on. In my opinion, patience pays off and is a virtue that should be followed unless you want to rush into something you either can't finish or end up screwing up. While it's sitting there looking pretty you can also buy more parts for it and end up with one hell of a beast. haha What engine do you have now? If it's a Z6 or Y8 you could have just a little bit of fun with it while piecing together your new build. Just my two cents. Good luck with your decision either way. :D
if you can only afford to buy something and not install it, don't buy it. if you can't pay for it to be finished, you can't afford maintenence and repairs. if you can't afford maintenence and repairs, you probably have trouble paying the light bill.

wait until you pay for the whole thing.
read: unpainted body kits installed on cars.

you should always install a body kit on the car before you paint it.

i would shop around first for a reputable shop that knows about imports first. (if you must buy an engine)

if you ask them about a bseries honda engine and they look at you funny.... run away.

if they dont have a final/out the door price in writing before they start working.... run away.

3.2k+ will get you different things in our corner of the market: turbo D, f/h2b, f/h2d, B, D... K

but what do you want from the car? autoX, drag, DD, NASA, scca, show, sound,

dont build something with out knowing the rules of what class you want to race in.

cant use f20c pistons in a k20 any more in H4

why dont you fix up the platform and suspension first?

brakes, pads, lines, fluid, shocks, spring, bushings, strut bars, ALARM, tint

Last edited:
Putting a body kit on and molding into place and is acceptable before it is painted but you should paint it asap after that. Unpainted body kits on cars looks so bad. A body kit is supposed to make a car look better not more tacky.

The H22 is not that much heavier, I cant seem to find the thread but there was a guy that weighed the H22 engine and transmission and then weighed the B18C engine and transmission. The weight difference came out to 60 lbs or something like that, which isn't a whole lot.

Sure the swaps are more work, but if you're staying all motor I would think it would be worth it. I wish I swapped an H into my car.

The H22 is not that much heavier, I cant seem to find the thread but there was a guy that weighed the H22 engine and transmission and then weighed the B18C engine and transmission. The weight difference came out to 60 lbs or something like that, which isn't a whole lot.

Sure the swaps are more work, but if you're staying all motor I would think it would be worth it. I wish I swapped an H into my car.

I suggest u to not swapped an h series into your car.. Cause once u drive an h series den u can't even rev all way to 9 rpm to change the gear... Yes h series has alots POWER but one plm don't give you alots of RPM limit. And the b18c1 can handle it with all way to 9k rpm nothing happend depend on driver. Cause I have a 01 gsr (b18c1) engine swap into 95 honda civic. And ders VERY STRONG to RIDE da car. VTEC SCREAM! LOL but its all ^ to you guys

Last edited:
Analogy gone awry?

Anyway, I still suggest a B16. If you want to wait, go ahead and get a B18C1.

oh yeh if u want to get a b16a engine then i suggest to get a b20b block with b16a head is the best swap than stock b16a engine.. if u still want get a b18c1 then go ahead.. its all up to you.. but b16a head with b20b block comes with 200 hp stock :imgone:

oh yeh if u want to get a b16a engine then i suggest to get a b20b block with b16a head is the best swap than stock b16a engine.. if u still want get a b18c1 then go ahead.. its all up to you.. but b16a head with b20b block comes with 200 hp stock :imgone:
no,incorrect

I suggest u to not swapped an h series into your car.. Cause once u drive an h series den u can't even rev all way to 9 rpm to change the gear... Yes h series has alots POWER but one plm don't give you alots of RPM limit. And the b18c1 can handle it with all way to 9k rpm nothing happend depend on driver. Cause I have a 01 gsr (b18c1) engine swap into 95 honda civic. And ders VERY STRONG to RIDE da car. VTEC SCREAM! LOL but its all ^ to you guys

Learn how to spell and write in english, you shoulld look into grammar as well.

Stop talking about revving to 9k, you don't even know what an RPM is.

A stock GSR shouldn't be revved to 9k, regardless of driver. Matter of fact the driver has nothing to do with how high an engine can rev, moron.

WTF is a "ders". Is that part of you're retard language?

Da, is it really that hard to spell out T-H-E. You do realize it's only 3 letters, right?

Shut the fuck up about VTEC screaming, vtec engages and thus makes more power, there is no screaming involved unless you scream like a little bitch when you get a little pull out of your car.

Now,

I personally wouldn't recommend a H22, only because of that stupid cable shifter.

My personal opinion would be a b18b1 with a GSR tranny to start, but that's because I still have an obsession with NON-Vtec motors.

Sure it's the least powerful of the B-Series but with some work can make very decent numbers. An LS-Turbo is a nice little motor to have in your car, I know from experience.

As for the best bang for the buck, a b18c1 is by far the best bang, but your price range doesn't permit this with install. So a b16 is your next best-> most powerful option within your price range, some swear by them I despise them for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
if you can only afford to buy something and not install it, don't buy it. if you can't pay for it to be finished, you can't afford maintenence and repairs. if you can't afford maintenence and repairs, you probably have trouble paying the light bill.

wait until you pay for the whole thing.
read: unpainted body kits installed on cars.
You know what, that's an even better point than mine. Good call. Looking back at what I said versus your point, I totally agree with yours. :concur::oops:

I just got :owned:

I agree. Live and learn and I just learned a lot.

Learn how to spell and write in english, you shoulld look into grammar as well.

Stop talking about revving to 9k, you don't even know what an RPM is.

A stock GSR shouldn't be revved to 9k, regardless of driver. Matter of fact the driver has nothing to do with how high an engine can rev, moron.

WTF is a "ders". Is that part of you're retard language?

Da, is it really that hard to spell out T-H-E. You do realize it's only 3 letters, right?

Shut the fuck up about VTEC screaming, vtec engages and thus makes more power, there is no screaming involved unless you scream like a little bitch when you get a little pull out of your car.

Now,

I personally wouldn't recommend a H22, only because of that stupid cable shifter.

My personal opinion would be a b18b1 with a GSR tranny to start, but that's because I still have an obsession with NON-Vtec motors.

Sure it's the least powerful of the B-Series but with some work can make very decent numbers. An LS-Turbo is a nice little motor to have in your car, I know from experience.

As for the best bang for the buck, a b18c1 is by far the best bang, but your price range doesn't permit this with install. So a b16 is your next best-> most powerful option within your price range, some swear by them I despise them for no apparent reason.

YO dude, I just came to american from cuban. So far I've been trying to learn the english grammar so can u just shut the fuck up too.. Cause I really don't good at english grammer... Anyways I AGREE with u about the h series.. Too much work on it to swap into a civic need to get little bigger engine bay. So its aint worth it to get a h series swap in a civic.

to tell u the truth the h is worth it well it was for me 1800 for engine and trans and shipping 250 for mounts 170 for axles 60 for cables. for the mounts all u have to do was cut the trans mount a bit and drill a hole to fit the new mount. Shifter cable was too easy with the right tools if u know how to draw a square then u can drop an h in an eg easy . ps if u get the jdm h22 make sure u get a longer fuel line or a fuel rail from a vtec accord cause the fuel pressure is on the other side. Also i did this swap with friends so i didn't have to pay to get it put in.

lol... you guys fight like a group of old hens... go b18 and be one happy m/f... turbo or all-motor the bast after you get bored with the level of power it supplies.

bottom line, b18 or bust beech!

P.S. didn't know the B20 was an illegal swap in CA. thanks for the heads up in a sense lol.

to tell u the truth the h is worth it well it was for me 1800 for engine and trans and shipping 250 for mounts 170 for axles 60 for cables. for the mounts all u have to do was cut the trans mount a bit and drill a hole to fit the new mount. Shifter cable was too easy with the right tools if u know how to draw a square then u can drop an h in an eg easy . ps if u get the jdm h22 make sure u get a longer fuel line or a fuel rail from a vtec accord cause the fuel pressure is on the other side. Also i did this swap with friends so i didn't have to pay to get it put in.

Well I don't even like a h series cause the engine is heavier. And I've heard b series smoke h series away mostly of time.. But I really don't know if its true.

I tried telling him to shut up. I was doing it for his own good so he'd look like less of a fool.

Stop trying to use the extra weight as an extreme con. The motor makes a whole lot more torque then a B so it easily makes up for it. Would I recommend it, still no but you have no sense of mechanical or engineering anything so take this as a recommendation once again to shut the fuck up.

Come on. Am seriously. I just learn about the b series. I've building my b18c1 engine without known. But guess wat I make it myself. So oh yeh I forget to says "TQ" lol

Back