whats the best head to use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16 head flows better than gsr,ive done a ton of research on this, thats my opinion.

do some more, the difference is negligable. b16 flows SLIGHTLY more up top, GSR SLIGHTLY more in midrange. seriously you would never know the difference. i still stand behind the fact that the gsr head is superior

Originally posted by drpenguin@Jul 10 2005, 06:49 PM
I hear a b16 head will up the comp when mated to a LS block. but im not 100% sure
[post=523762]Quoted post[/post]​

I know that the GSR head bumps the compression up in a LS block from 9.2:1 to a little bit over 9.7:1 you can check it at c-speedracing.com just use the compression calculator :)

I just went and did it myself cuz I was interested the B16 head bumps it to 9.5:1

Oh by the way i vote for the GSR head cuz well it's what I have :lol:

Originally posted by drpenguin@Jul 16 2005, 02:39 PM
Hey befor you go with a GSR head. Go look at prices for parts for GSR stuff. Then look at b16 parts....
[post=527311]Quoted post[/post]​

Good point though. But it's still the GSR head for me.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Jul 16 2005, 04:39 PM
Hey befor you go with a GSR head. Go look at prices for parts for GSR stuff. Then look at b16 parts....
[post=527311]Quoted post[/post]​

the only thing different between the two heads that isnt compatable is the intake manifold. other then that, everything is interchangable.

Back