Whats The Best Muffler Set Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

I was wondering what would be the best muffler/exhaust set up for a 1993 honda civic wit max performance????... Does getting a "cat back exhaust" raise HP???? ...budget is with in $500 max mark

an exhaust by itself isnt going to do much
get something in full stainless steel
try to pick something on the quiet side.... or at least something with a deep tone
aside from that there are a shit load out there

The Hp gains u get from a exahust system needs to start at the header then al the way to the muffler
the point of an exahust system is well here is an example:
a plastic bag is on the sidewalk a car drives by and the bag picks up and follows it.
the point a exhaust system is to have the exaust fumes help the other fumes to follow and leave with it.
so u prob need to get a exhaust manifold maybe, a header , high flow cat maybe, and muffler.

Remember A muffler doesnt add hp, it simply a sound suppression design that is less restrictive then ur stock one but put all the pieces together and then u have some hp gains

as everyone will say get a manderl bent thingamabob
isnt a catback mostly used for a tubo charged application?

o the best muffler i think would be a Apex personaly

i read this off the web so i prob have some wrong things with it
im only a noob so sniff sniff

Apexi is really good but another company to check out is Greddy. Go to aieonline.com

I have an apex N1 on my 92 civic cx I like it but it just hangs too low cuase it goes under the control rather then over so with that system lowering is out of the question unless you wait a couple of moths till apex release its ne version that goes over the control arm. if you don't want to wait then greddy is good skunk2 is also good thats what I chose to chage to. whatever you do make sure you purchase from a direct authorized dealer it will save you tons of time incase you need a warranty replacement.

Are you going for a NA setup? like all motor ls? or turbo the ls. From what I have read 3" piping would be a great setup for turbo. I would stay 2" 2.25" for NA. I really think that $500 is way to much for complete muffler setup. It could be done for $200 or so. Keep that extra money for the motor mods. :lol:

I think that if you want a decent set up that will give you decent sound, hp, and value would be a ES oval muffler with mandel bending to the cat. There are alot of people on honda-tech with this set up and there are many vids of it, check it out to see if you like the sound.

Also just a cat back will not do much for performance, I recently put the stock air intake back on my car so I could run stock class in AutoX, the performance was significantly reduced. Also, the whole I/h/cat/e thing is all about making your engine breath better because after all, your engine is basicly just a big air pump. If you could inhale better but had no way to get the extra air out, are you going to be able to perform your best? No, and your car is the same way.

Back