what's the best RPM to launch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

yeah so, what RPM does everyone recommend I launch at with the setup in my sig? and assuming that i'm just using the Rota's with azenis

you basicly have the same setup as me. i launch at like 4500-4800 with the azenis when they are warm. Just hold it there untill it gets traction then full throttle it.

yeah most of the time. if it doesnt hook up i lower the rpm a few houndred. but the azenis gotta be really warm. if you dont like do a burn out before you launch then they wont grip as well.

feather the throttle off the line until traction occurs. i wouldnt do a burn out but spinning the tires a little will help, its not like you need to heat them up like slicks. do not drive through the water unless you have slicks.

i wish i could launch my car at those rpms with street tires. i have to go easy all the way through 1st.

azenis are probably the worst tire to launch off of. don't expect a good 60' from them at all. 2.3's are common for 14 sec cars on them.

me, i don't rev-launch. it always leads to hop, spin, or bog.

i hold the throttle at about 1500, when the light goes green, i floor it, and drop the clutch to just about its engagepoint and a hair more, after i move a little, i let off the clutch completely.
this keeps me from both bogging and spinning- but it can put a number on your clutch.

ok, so if i try lanching your way can i expect better 60' times? or are the shitty 60 foot times just a result of running the azenis?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 25 2004, 04:39 AM
azenis are probably the worst tire to launch off of. don't expect a good 60' from them at all. 2.3's are common for 14 sec cars on them.

me, i don't rev-launch. it always leads to hop, spin, or bog.

i hold the throttle at about 1500, when the light goes green, i floor it, and drop the clutch to just about its engagepoint and a hair more, after i move a little, i let off the clutch completely.
this keeps me from both bogging and spinning- but it can put a number on your clutch.

thats how i do it also, seems to work well. not to be an ass but why dont you go out and practice and see what works the best for your setup insted of asking people who don't drive your car every day? ;)

no no no, you're not being an ass at all- I completely agree with you, but it's cold and I don't even have the car at school- I just wanted to get an idea of how some different people launch so i could try a few different things when i finally get the car on the road-

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 25 2004, 07:20 PM
no no no, you're not being an ass at all- I completely agree with you, but it's cold and I don't even have the car at school- I just wanted to get an idea of how some different people launch so i could try a few different things when i finally get the car on the road-

ok thats cool, welp good luck with your launches. and you right it is a little chilly to be doin that shizit.

azenis arnt the best for drag but they do pretty good and they are cheap. I have seen my friends crx do 2.1 with azenis. well see when i bring my car to the track in april.

azenis are not that good but they are defenitly better then Kuhmo Supra 712, .....well they about the same,

azenis are not good drag tires. never been drag racing B) but i usually do 4800-5000 hard slip, modulate the clutch and gas. seems to work well for me. if i ever feel like going in just a straight line maybe i can find out for sure.

I go by feel. I don't burn the clutch, or snap it. I'm with pissedoffsol. I have always had the best luck, bringing the engine to a high idle. Work the clutch a little off the line, then hammer it. The perfect launch is sooooo much fun. You can definitely burn a faster car off the line if you can drive better. After that, good luck.

Back