1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the differnce??!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by sevenhillsbilly, Nov 2, 2008.

1. sevenhillsbilly

sevenhillsbilly New Member

i bought a clutch kit from xtd and it was for a 90-91 crx and i figured it would be pretty much the same as the 88-89 but it wasnt and i was wondering why this is? and if a 90-91 flywheel will workin my 89 hf trans because if i can get a fly for my motor instead of returning the clutch kit and finding an completely differnt kit
    whats your advice?

2. slowlx

slowlx Junior Member

Yes it will work if you use the 90 up flywheel. The 89s used a smaller clutch, but it used the same spline count on the inputshaft as the 90-91 trannys. The 88s used a different spline count from the 89-91 trannys.

3. sevenhillsbilly

will it fit in my tranny tho is the thing because if it uses a smaller flywheel will it still match up to my starter?

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

yes, the flywheels are all the same outside diameter, where the starter mates up - the 90-91 just have a larger diameter contact area for the clutch disc and the pressure plate bolts are closer to the outside of the flywheel than on the 88-89

1 person likes this.
  5. sevenhillsbilly

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted