Whats this LS/Vtec everyone is talking about

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poops87

so help me out guys ive never hear anything about this i just know people are doing it and i guess its comparable to the b16 or the Gsr (what the hell is GSR Too)

just looking for some info don't really know anthing about this!!!

any help??

please lock this thread.

captain obvious didnt do his research.

B18C1 = GSR = acura integra gsr 1994-2001.

do some research before posting threads like this.

An integra LS is the base model integra.
It comes with a b18b1 engine.
When people say "LSVTEC" they are using a b18a or b18b block with a b16 or GSR head.
:confused:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
:mag:

honestly now...

You guys are right but i really wanted your guys input on it compared to some one else talking about their Ls/vtec thats mainly why i asked the forum , also because a search and a website isn't going to tell me their experience

It's basically an engine hybrid capable of a bit better low end torque than either the b16(duh), the gsr, or the itr. Most people are doing it, however, because it is cheaper to source a vtec head and LS or B20 block than it is to find a good full gsr or itr longblock. The LS will suffer more stress at the upper rpms, where the vtec engines are meant to shine, due to it's smaller Rod/Stroke ratio. But if you build it strong, and build it smart, you can rev an LS/vtec all day long without breaking anything. Or you can mess around with the geometry like I did in my LS, get rods that are longer, and custom pistons with a raised wrist pin, allowing some relief to the piston walls that will other wise be loaded more than you'd like with the stock LS bottom end. End of story. I don't run with the vtec crowd, so I'm just giving you my education from this site, and from an engineering standpoint.

Quoted post[/post]]
An integra LS is the base model integra.
It comes with a b18b1 engine.
When people say "LSVTEC" they are using a b18a or b18b block with a b16 or GSR head.
:confused:
RS is the base model actually. people want the LS because of the extra features, like a sunroof, that arent standard on the RS.

Back