1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats wrong with the b18c1

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by mad_hatter, Nov 6, 2006.

1. mad_hatter

mad_hatter Its Da Mad Hatter

why is the gsr such a bastard of a swap idea everyone is either ls, ls-vtech, b16 what ever but not many people use the gsr why is that

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

no reason mabe price but theres nothing wrong with it

3. ef8

ef8 Junior Member

Yea its the most expensive out of the swaps you listed.Theres nothing wrong with it.It's better than the B16 and LS but pretty evenly matched with the Ls-VTEC.I would rather go with the LSV though

4. b18vtecrx

b18vtecrx Senior Member

GSR is better if he plans on boosting though;)

and like everyone else is saying theres nothing wrong with the swap but i chose it cause i plan on boosting. -mike

5. ef8

ef8 Junior Member

True,i would rather boost a gsr but for NA i would definitley go lsvtec.However there are alot of high hp lsvtecs out there too.I guess its just an opinion on which is better to boost.

6. b18vtecrx

b18vtecrx Senior Member

please correct me if im wrong but its not an opinion of which is better to boost the gsr has lower compression compared to an LSvtec which is why its would do better with boost and for that same reason lsvtec is better for an all-motor build, this is of course talking about better platforms not necessarily potential cause with money and time anything can perform how you want. -mike

7. mad_hatter

thats what i figured but u would think u would see more i have a gsr crx im working on i got the motor in but im still working on the swap but im just surpirsed it seems like a bastard of motors when swapping but its ok ill have one whats the best turbo to use on a homemade setup i wanna build my own kit only buy a blow off and intercooler but all else fabricated i dont want to much boost anyway not yet at least i want to keep the motor relatively stock internals

8. mad_hatter

anyone live around fredericksburg, va

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted