What's wrong?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
I got the chance to take my car to the track here's the numbers off my slip

Dial; 16.4
RT .104
60' 2.662
330' 6.98
660' 10.747
MPH 66.69
1000' 13.824
1/4 16.470
MPH 84.75

I let off at the end cause i saw i had the win.
my best Trap spped was 89mph

last year i could easily turn 15.4 and 90 mph times/speeds
that was in a b18b1 stock swapped eg
i was running a del sol b18b1 swap 14b turbo, rough tuning
do you guys think that tuning is the only problem
i noticed that i could get my tires to grip but the clutch would slip as i squeezed into the trottle off the line, giving me poor 60' times.

it's your 60' times. i'm guessing open differential and bad tires. i don't think you were getting as good of traction as you think if you are pulling a 2.6 in the 60'. it's hard to say without actually seeing the runs. but if you get that 60' down into the 2.0-2.2 area things will improve greatly.

i ran almost those same numbers my first time out with azenis, d16y8, intake, exhaust. got it down to a 16 flat.

my 60's were the same at the beginning, 2.6's. feather it some more, let some air out the tires and maybe launch at a slightly lower rpm. What are you holding it at?

keep practicing, thats what i did to turn the 2.6's into 2.2's

Id get a new clutch before you cook it.
its the worst when you are at the line, and alls you can do is rev the motor up and wait for people to come help push you back into the pits.
(burnt clutch, snapped axle etc.)

would i need a new clutch and pressure plate or just a clutch?

i am thinking a six puck sprung clutch

I'd just replace it all, and upgrade it. A big negative on the puck style clutches, go with a full face with a pressure plate that will handle the torque. More frictional area will alow for a more forgiving friction material than that which is used on the puck style clutches.

puck clutches are no fun. a girl i used to work with had a 3 puck on her teggy....made me want to commit suicide when i was the DD in her car....jeez.

three pucks are no doubt much harsher than a six puck
I just bought a new pp and such so i am reluctant to bu a new one. nevertheless is it the pp or the clutch that is rated for certain torque loads?

I found that my 60' times are MUCH better when I launch at 22-2300 rpms instead of 3k. I would spin like crazy. Once you start spinning, you've lost.

Back