Wheel Clicking Noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randerson165

My GF's 96 Civic Sedan DX makes a weird clicking noise when it rolls. It is not constant but pretty often. You really can't hear it from the car or when going fast, but when she pulls out of the driveway, I can hear the clicking noise. It sounds like metal clicking. I don't think its the CV joint, because it happens when she is going straight as well. What could this be ?

Nope, I just replaced the brake pads.

Will the CV joints click like that even though the wheel is not turning ? How can I check for CV joint problems ?

Yes the CV joints will click if they are in poor poor condition whether they are turning or not. As far as checking them manually my only thought is jack up the car and have someone run it while you listen.

well it defenitely clicks. I can tell you that without jacking it up. Is there a way to be sure that it is the CV joints ?

How much will CV joints run me ? Can i change them out myself ? is it cheaper to have them done in a shop ?

i just had my cv joints replaced and they are gonna run around 120 for both when you return the core. and of course i have a honda accord so thats what they cost me . it just depends on the make of you car.

hey bro i had the same problem with my integra it was clicking i notice that one my lug nuts was loose that why it was clicking man check it out

Originally posted by greenteg2k00@Feb 22 2004, 09:55 PM
hey bro i had the same problem with my integra it was clicking i notice that one my lug nuts was loose that why it was clicking man check it out

thanks for the bump !!! its not a lugnut...

I replaced the whole axle it was easy just get a manual and it should be a snap. the axle cost me about $52.00 for one one a 89 Civic.

ya axle should be about 60 bucks or so and 99% of the time the boots are cracked and broken when its clicking like that so look for that

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Feb 22 2004, 11:44 PM
yeah dude anyone can do an axle- If you need one i can get you a remanufactured unit for 48 plus shipping-

does that include the cv joints. so all i would have to do is replace the axle ???

how much for shipping to 97401, Eugene, OR.

Back