Wheel Max Load Rating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpyOneUSN

what exactly does a wheel's max load rating mean? im guessing its how much weight it can support, so what is about average for a cast wheel? i was looking at some forged wheels from velox and they say 690kg max load rating. what is this compared to other forged and cast wheels?

the wheel load rating is how much weight the wheel can handle safely. to figure out the MINIMUM wheel load rating your car needs, take your vehicle's weight and divide by four.

for example; if your car weighs 3000 lbs, you need to find wheels with at least a load rating of 750lbs.

just a guess but, the MAX rating might be the absolute max that the wheel can handle safely. in that case, make sure it can handle your car's weight if it was full of passengers and cargo. you should try to contact velox about this. their website is www.veloxperformance.com

i looked up the metric conversion with an online metric conv. tool and got this answer:

620 Kilograms equals 1366.87 Pounds...so four of them can handle 5,467.48 lbs.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@May 8 2003, 04:34 AM
the wheel load rating is how much weight the wheel can handle safely. to figure out the MINIMUM wheel load rating your car needs, take your vehicle's weight and divide by four.

for example; if your car weighs 3000 lbs, you need to find wheels with at least a load rating of 750lbs.

just a guess but, the MAX rating might be the absolute max that the wheel can handle safely. in that case, make sure it can handle your car's weight if it was full of passengers and cargo. you should try to contact velox about this. their website is www.veloxperformance.com

i looked up the metric conversion with an online metric conv. tool and got this answer:

620 Kilograms equals 1366.87 Pounds...so four of them can handle 5,467.48 lbs.

you need to factor passengers and cargo into wheel load, not max wheel load.

you need to ignore it :lol:

yoru honda could roll on 2 of them safely..... if you had enough torque to do a reverse wheelie that is...

thanks... i was just wondering how that compares to normal wheels. i want sumthin strong cuz i just dented the shit outta one of my wheels from a fuckin pothole.

the load rating will have no effect on how well it will resist denting
forged wheels are stronger than cast wheels and will take a little more abuse ... but no rim will never dent
go with 15's with a good tire with strong sidewalls if you want the most protection

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 8 2003, 11:13 PM
... but no rim will never dent
go with 15's with a good tire with strong sidewalls if you want the most protection

:werd:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 8 2003, 08:59 AM

your honda could roll on 2 of them safely..... if you had enough torque to do a reverse wheelie that is...

LMAO, mental picture, you had to be there.

Back