Wheel / Tire Reccomendations?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Red Civic LS-T

What's up guys --

I have a 1992 Civic hatchback w/ a B18B, JDM B16 LSD transmission, and a T3/T04B turbo setup @ 11 psi (more boost down the road when I do some more dyno tuning). My current wheel / tire setup is 15 x 6.5 Rota Slipstreams w/ crappy all-season Republic 195/50/15 tires. Obviously, I have major traction issues in 1st and 2nd gear. 3rd gear squeals the tires too, but I can still hook up somewhat.

What setup do I need to get my car to hook up better? I was thinking about getting some BFGoodrich KDW2 summer tires on there since I now have a daily beater for the winter. But, the more I think about it, I'm thinking I should probably get some wider rims too. Can I fit 15 x 7.5 or 15 x 8 rims on my hatch without rubbing? If so, what offset would I need to use? Anyone have any suggestions/personal experience they can share?

That's pretty sick. But if I can get away with 8" wide without switching out my fenders, I will probably go that route instead. Anyone know if that is possible? And what offset would I need to squeeze them in there?

Yo man...you can run 15x7.5's if you want. But really depends on how low your car is? I know of friends that drive on 7.5's in the front for autoX. I think if you want to run 8's in the front you might have to get rid of the wheel liners and might have to roll the fender a bit!

Back