When it rains it pours part II

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
as most of you know, i blew my motor. i need the car in less than two weeks, so in the meantime im dropping a stock y8 back in place.

in order to do that, im taking my greddy kit off, and selling it on Ebay to help pay for the GSR swap.

in taking off the greddy kit.....a bolt stripped on the head, which was attached to the exhaust manifold. had to dremel that fucker off.....

so then i was unbolting my downpipe....yup. another nut that was soaked in wd-40 would not budge....started to strip.

decided to take the oil pan off. the bracket that held the oil pan to the flywheel cover.....yup. all 4 bolts stripped.

fuck the dremel, i went to sears and got the "stripped nut" remover. BEST 20.00 i have ever spent in a LONG time. that thing owns. all nuts came off.

so im thinking...im in the clear. nope

as i was unbolting the downpipe from the cat, the cat started to slip. i was in a compromising position under the car and could not reach my arm over to catch the cat before it fell....

CLANG.

the pics speak for themselves....

anyone know if i can just slide the wires back into the o2 sensor connector, and all will be forgiven?

s3f8f1b96cf864.jpg

s3f8f1be5c3515.jpg

s3f8f1cf5445d2.jpg

that same exact fucking thing happened to me when i was putting my exhaust on, you can just push em back in the clip and glue it. if youve already started the car and ya throw a code {obviously} just unplug the battery for like 10 mins.

uhhh

what goes where?

if its a obvious question then forget it. i just saw it and shook my head and walked away.

ill get under there later to see whats up. :angry:

im not sure of what pin locations they go in, mine was in a loom and kept the wires in order.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 16 2003, 05:39 PM
uhh...

scissor jack = not safe

i was thinking the same. atleast use some 6x6's under there, ive had those damn jacks fold over on me twice now.

damn dude, that sucks. Hail to the EF gods who don't put gay o2 sensors in the cat...

Oh yea, I had to use a scissor jack once when my floor jack failed amidst an emergent repair job. Scared the shit out of me being under that car.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821+Oct 16 2003, 02:41 PM-->
civicious
@Oct 16 2003, 05:39 PM
uhh...

scissor jack = not safe

uhhh scissor jack is just there for back up.

i got two regular jacks in the front.

no jackstands? are you INSANE? i've seen jacks fail, hope you're not under your car when it does. even if you are using more than one jack, go to kragen and get their hydro jack + 2 jack stands for $40.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 16 2003, 05:34 PM

fuck the dremel, i went to sears and got the "stripped nut" remover. BEST 20.00 i have ever spent in a LONG time. that thing owns. all nuts came off.

get the bolts off and exchange the nut loosener for a set of jackstands it will also end up being the best 20.00 bucks you ever spent!

damn you b16 you beat me to the safety flame :angry:

Originally posted by B16+Oct 16 2003, 06:53 PM-->
Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 16 2003, 02:41 PM
civicious
@Oct 16 2003, 05:39 PM
uhh...

scissor jack = not safe

uhhh scissor jack is just there for back up.

i got two regular jacks in the front.

no jackstands? are you INSANE? i've seen jacks fail, hope you're not under your car when it does. even if you are using more than one jack, go to kragen and get their hydro jack + 2 jack stands for $40.

i got two *jackSTANDS under my car : )

they are the ones that are made out of steel, look like a pyramid and can be raised and lowered to diff. levels. :spin:

Well... I am going to have to say, life is a bitch and then you die. All I know is, I am going to have to buy that "stripper remover" or what you call it. It sounds sexual, I think it was stripped nut, still sounds sick.

dude it it makes u feel any better, evenyone fucks over the downpipe bolts, i broke 1 nut, and the other 2 stripped, so i said fuck it, got out the dremel, cut them off then bought a brand new downpipe.

I use PB blaster to break my shit loose, and yeah it works dandy IMO.

You spray it on, go inside beat off or whatever then yeah come out 15 minutes and break the mofo's loose, always works.

Back