where 2 get cheap diagnostic scanner computer thingy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yO anyone know where to get a diagnostic scanner for an odb1 prelude h22a for around 30$ or less?

looked on ebay but can only find odb2

I'll sell you one right now for $5 via paypal.

3010.0109_1.jpg

Not gonna happen. The OBDI scanner has many different connectors for different makes and they are all expensive. I think the shop I worked at paid like 2k for the scanner and like $200 for each connector. We only had like 5 connectors and non of them ever were right for what i was doing.

do u really have one? If u do post a pic. And why do they have the odb2 scanners for 30$ and then have no odb1 scanners at all on ebay or pepboys/autozone ect?

or is that paperclip supossed to be the 5$ scanner hehe

The paper clip is the scanner. You "jump" the female connector and the dash lights up telling you the codes.

On every car built after 96, OBD2 was used and most, if not all use the same connector to pull/scan the codes. For the Audi, I use a VAG-COM normally or if I'm in a rush and want to take the longer but easier route, I use the regluar "pocket scanner" type deals

hmm...Will that work on a 95 prelude with a p13 in it? How is this "jumping" thing done? ty for the help btw :happy:

no seriously i dont know how to jump the female connector what do i hook it up too, i dont want to screw it up

our shop has an OBD 1 scanner. Its about a bazillion dollars (actually like 2 grand) has 20 or 30 connectors and then chips for every car...its fuckin rediculous. by the time you find the connector and the chip for the car youre working on, youve already got the O2 sensor replaced and your car is running like a bat outa hell.

Back