Where can I buy Stronger Axles?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MarkJimenez99

Hey guys, I just found out that my left axle is broken. I would shift into gear and if I release, it would make a loud clacking sound.

I drive a B18b turbo in a civic. Should I buy a new axle from the dealer? Will that hold up? Do companies even make aftermarket axles?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Don't go to the dealer, they are expensive. Go to a parts store to get the axles. You could always do like my friends and I do and have and extra set of axles so if one breaks at the track, pop the other one in and go running again. Swapping them out only takes like 15-20 at most.

Originally posted by 5genracer@Dec 23 2003, 12:52 AM
Don't go to the dealer, they are expensive. Go to a parts store to get the axles. You could always do like my friends and I do and have and extra set of axles so if one breaks at the track, pop the other one in and go running again. Swapping them out only takes like 15-20 at most.

Like which Parts stores? Pep Boys, Autozone, Kragen? How much do they run if I buy them there?

what power do you make, and how often do you put slicks on, and i finally found someone that has the same last name as me.

Originally posted by b16ahatch@Dec 23 2003, 03:23 AM
what power do you make, and how often do you put slicks on, and i finally found someone that has the same last name as me.

I'm running an LS turbo. I haven't dynoed yet but I'm guessin around 190 whp. I've never put slicks on.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 23 2003, 11:11 AM
STOCK axles should be fine, go to autozone pay 75 each. they have a lifetime warranty.

Lifetime? Really? Cool! What axles should I get? I have a 98 LS tranny in my 99 civic coupe. Thanks for the help. :p

Originally posted by mwvnos@Dec 23 2003, 12:27 AM
driveshaftshop.com, raxles.com......take your pick, there are others as well....

if you want strong axles go to driveshaftshop.com...no the stock shitty replacements..trust me on that..there a lil expensive but effective. it really all depends on how much power you are running..if its only 190whp the some from autozone will do for now...but when you get up there in power go to driveshaftshop.com!

Originally posted by lude68+Dec 23 2003, 12:21 PM-->
@Dec 23 2003, 12:27 AM
driveshaftshop.com, raxles.com......take your pick, there are others as well....

if you want strong axles go to driveshaftshop.com...no the stock shitty replacements..trust me on that..there a lil expensive but effective. it really all depends on how much power you are running..if its only 190whp the some from autozone will do for now...but when you get up there in power go to driveshaftshop.com!

Well, I'm planning on making around 250-280 hp next year when I get my car tuned. I do like the lifetime warranty on the axles from autozone, plus it's cheaper.

i make 350whp and 240ft lbs and i launch at about 6 grand on slicks and i havent had any problems with my axels. just stay with your stock axels. they should be fine

Originally posted by b16ahatch@Dec 23 2003, 01:10 PM
i make 350whp and 240ft lbs and i launch at about 6 grand on slicks and i havent had any problems with my axels. just stay with your stock axels. they should be fine

Excellent. I'm just gonna buy axles from Autozone. You can't beat the lifetime warranty. Thanks everybody for helping. :D

but you can beat replacing them 5 times a year....

the gators are cheap, and are much stronger...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 23 2003, 07:02 PM
but you can beat replacing them 5 times a year....

the gators are cheap, and are much stronger...

How much do those gators usually go for? The stockers will suffice for now.

Back