Where do I get paint????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Where can I buy paint, cheap prefferably.

Not looking for anything drastic. The only place I can think of is sherwin williams, that is around me. I know nothing about their paint either. What is the best paint I can get for the cheapest price, but best looking.

I was kinda thrown off when someone told me sherwinn williams sells auto paint, but I might go there to see what the results look like.

good site, I might buy from them.

Now all I need to know is which color is steel grey metallic.

I bought from them or maybe it was HOK, either way it was 124.81 for the base and reducer. I'm going to have the clear coat done professionally cause that's where I fucked up on the Porsche.

Uhm I wouldnt recommend spraying the base yourself and then shipping it elsewhere to get cleared, your opening yourself to problems with adhesion, contaminants etc. Ditch the HOK clear, I know very few people who have been able to lay it on flat, try PPG's clear.

That's why I didn't buy theirs. I haven't been able to spray clear properly anyway. That's why I was thinking of having it done somewhere else.

Originally posted by xyswany@Sep 15 2004, 10:52 AM
Uhm I wouldnt recommend spraying the base yourself and then shipping it elsewhere to get cleared, your opening yourself to problems with adhesion, contaminants etc. Ditch the HOK clear, I know very few people who have been able to lay it on flat, try PPG's clear.
[post=390598]Quoted post[/post]​

I have to disagree on this one. I used HOK clear on a major project. Not only did it lay out nicely, the instructions on mixing the components were fantastic. There were instructions for the main mixing, and instructions for thinning out the last coat(s).

It laid out better than any other clear that I've ever used. If it weren't for a couple of dust spots and the show quality finish that I was looking for, I wouldn't have even buffed it out.

Back