Where do they come from?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teufel

So today I am coming home from work, going down I-65. Yep I am in the 1.8T.

Anyways this is during 5 o'clock rush hour traffic. Lot of stop and go, so I am just using 2nd gear. Sometimes speeds got up to 45mph so you can imagine what the car sounded like with the exhaust. Anyway some asshat in a panzy champagne pink Hyndaui Accent rolls up next to me. This is your typical punk thug wanna be.

Now remember traffic is stop and go and bumper to bumper. So the asshat pops his clutch and his little 14's bark then he revs up and looks over at me and does the "wassup" head nod. I blow him off and give him the finger.

So as I am coming up on the 1/2 mile exit sign he jumps in behind me riding my ass. In traffic like this I usually keep atleast a car length behind the car I am following if not more cause dildos are always trying to cut ppl off to get over at the last minute. Now the car behind the asshat was a big body buick with a mustang behind that and a compact truck behind that. The asshat is constantly running up on me real quick and braking at the last minute.

Well like always a guy cuts me off and I back off the gas ( remember I am in second gear doing about 45mph ) and my car slows down kinda quick. Well when this happened the asshat was running up on me and hit the rear end of my VW. I turn the wheel knowing what is about to happen next and give it a little gas to pull off on the shoulder. Well the big body buick hits the asshat, the mustang hits the buick and the truck hits the mustang. I guess the asshat panic'd or something cause I hear him rev up way past redline and he jumps forward when he finally came to a stop his front fender was about mid door to my car.

The state trooper gets there and takes the stories from everyone including the guy that cut me off since he pulled over to make sure no one was hurt. Asshat tells the cops that I slammed on my brakes... but the guy that cut me off backed up my story and said he never saw the front of my car dip but he did see the car behind me run into me.

...... sorry for the long post but I had to vent I got to replace the rear bumper, hatch door and glass on the golf.... grrrrrrr

oh man. that just sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad you are ok. fuckin retards on the road really piss me of too. sometimes i wish there were more cops around so dickheads like that guy get busted before they hurt someone.

Sad part about it is I bought the golf when I was stationed in Germany. Steering wheel is still on the right side of the car ( USDM passenger side ). I am going to get some quotes tomorrow for my insurance company so I can turn them in first thing Monday morning. Progressive told me today that one of the field reps would be out to look at it Monday between 2pm and 5pm.

I am only going to take it to authorized VW repair centers. So its going to need the parts plus paint plus labor. Hope the asshat has good insurance.

But atleast no one was hurt out of the whole deal.

So I have a Honda downstairs in the garage up on the lift with engine, tranny, steering rack, rear axles, front bumper, rear bumper and fenders out/off it and a busted up VW. Time to bum a ride from my brother to get to the shop monday and talk the boss into letting me take the company truck home for a few days.

**Edited so I don't have to remind myself how much it pisses me off**

"Hey boss... the company would get better advertising if the truck were on the road more.. so I was thinking...."

yeah your right ... lol its the right side of the car... fuck it this is how pissed off I am. And being this mad has me doing stuff ass backwards. Like today while driving around and getting quotes I was just thinking of it over and over and was getting more and more pissed about it.

Went to the grocery store on the way home to get stuff to make for dinner. Well I fubar'd two checks cause on one I signed my name on the Pay to the Order of: line, the second one I wrote the amount in that same place... finally I said screw this and just put it on the CC.

Originally posted by Teufel@Nov 14 2003, 07:28 PM
So today I am coming home from work, going down I-65.

I haven't street raced in so long...I feel proud of myself.

Where are you located to be close to I65?

oh...haha I65 goes all the way through Alabama, Tenn and Kentucky and ends in Indy... I live 2 hrs north of that off I69 :lol:

Just thought I'd see how close you were to me...

$3650 for new hatch door, glass, bumper, bumper shocks, paint and labor. Goes into the shop Thursday supposed to get it Monday afternoon.

And its the repair center at the local VW dealership.

My Progressive agent was the person to call me and give me the time on when to take the car in and when it should be available. I just have to pay the $500 deductable. Progressive said they will be collecting from his Insurance company and if I wanted to I could file lawsuit on the asshat to recover the money for the deductable and wages loss. But seeing how I didn't miss any work I might be able to get some for being put in a bind due to having to bum a ride from my brother today.... But that would be the typical asshat that files suit for anything given the opportunity.

I am just going to pay the deductable and have it over with. To bad he won't bring his pu**y pink accent to the track. Cause I need to run the 1/4 and get a dyno done just to see what it will do.

After I finish the Civic project I think I will be sellin the Vdub anyways.

make sure that it doesnt say "quality replacement part" on your estimate. a lot of insurance companies will try to push the shops to put on aftermarket parts that fit like ass because they cost half as much. also make sure you tell your adjuster that you want all OEM parts.

Already done. This is the second time the Vdub has been hit. Was in the passenger door last time in a parking lot. The hinges they put on was crap took it back to the Vdub dealer and he hooked me up with some OEM parts to replace the hinges and it was back to normal.

So when I drop it off I will let the repair center manager know I want the OEM stuff back on it.

Back