1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Do You Refill Nitrous?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by beau_safken, Feb 28, 2003.

1. beau_safken

beau_safken Senior Member

I'm thinking of doing a little N2O when I get my B18B1 swap in. It will suppliment my lack of high end power as far as I was thinking anyway. I would like to know, Where do you guys refill the bottles? Do you take it to a scuba shop that refills nitrous based scuba or am I WAY off? I'm thinking way off....Then again if the N20 is the same there as it is anywhere else...NVM I just remembered that the scuba N20 is just a little richer blend....Nvm..

<----- Nitrous Newbie...Watch out
  2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin

Triple post... be careful with that submit button! I cleared your other two.

As for nitrous fills... I don't know, but I will as soon as I buy a nitrous kit! :lol:
  3. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

according to your profile, your from boulder, colorado... im sure there must be a few performance shops around there... just check around for a local shop that might sell nitrous kits and they should know of a place where to get the bottle refilled... if you were in southern california i could name a bunch of places to try and help you out
  4. cockstronghalfablocklong

cockstronghalfablocklong Member

I'm in the philadelphia area and I know Keen Gas Inc. refills no2,and almost anyone who does welding supply should have access to it. or try a local speed shop.
  5. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

Oklahoma has one good thing. You can buy it at the track and at some "performance" stations. (gas stations that usually have hot rods outside and sell 92 and up octane gas (one has a 102 pump) and refills n2o for you. :)
  6. BlackJDMdeath

BlackJDMdeath Senior Member

yea here in wichita the gas station we use to chill at, a total, on fridays and saturday nights for the street races had 93 octane and refilled nitrous bottles, how cool is that?
  7. Integra1990

Integra1990 Senior Member

ask your local dentist to hook u up, haha
  8. Drock42

Drock42 Senior Member

If all else fails...call the welding shops in your area. That's where I get mine filled. And if any of them give that "it's for medicinal purposes only" crap, just make up some bs story that you (or your car) can't survive without it!!! That worked for a few fills here in my little podunk town. :D
  9. SFPracing

SFPracing Senior Member

Many performance shops sell nitrous. For example I fill it at $3.50 per lb. Just call around in your local area.
  10. beau_safken

beau_safken Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys. I had no idea it was that easy to come by. :worthy: