Where is the knock sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic-style

Where is the knock sensor on a b16a sir-II motor? Also if I am using a p30 ecu do i still need to wire one up?

not sure if its like my d16y8 motor, but it was just about right underneath the intake manifold on the back of the block. I had to buy a 17mm long socket and an extension so that I could get a wrench on it.

its right under the intake manifold, upper left of the oil filter( if you're looking at the motor from behind). yes you need to run a wire for it. what year is your car? the easiest thing to do is to get an EX harness from a civic that is your same generation (ex: 92-95 EX, 96-98 EX, 99-00 EX or Si) let me know if you need anymore help

I'm having the same problem, but I'm using the b16 harness. Is that why the chaeck engine light is on?

Originally posted by bucket_racer@Mar 6 2004, 02:15 AM
I'm having the same problem, but I'm using the b16 harness. Is that why the chaeck engine light is on?

Start your own thread and you will get much better results. And you need to pull the CEL code.

Back