Where is Transmission Oil? (Civic 2001)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gon770

Hello, I just got a used Civic from used car dealer couple of weeks ago. When I brought my Civic to the body shop to change AC belt, I was told that there is leaking from transmission. I was really in shock because I paid a lot for this Civic even though it has 142K mileage. And also, the used car dealer stated that it doesn't comes with any warranty.. The mech told me that to fix transmission leaking, it would probably costs little bit more than $1500 which I really cannot afford.

So, I decied to use "Stop Leak" stuff for both my transmission and engine oil from Advance Auto Parts. Here is the problem. I couldn't find any transmission fluid stick. I clearly see engine oil cap. But, none of transmission related.

Q1.
Is there anyone who has Civic 2001 with some photo of Engine room, so it can describe me where is coolant and stuff? For me, I really have no idea where should I put those "Stop Leak" stuff.

Q2.
Is that okay to open engine oil cap, and pour entire bottle of stop leaking stuff for engine oil? What about the transmission? When should I do that?

Q3.
I checked my car after it's been parked for couple of hours. I don't see any mark of leaking oil on the parking lot under my car. Is that engine oil supposed be dry just like water? Bcuz, last time when my Camry has serious engine oil leak, that oil mark never goes off for a while.

Thank you for your kindness reply.

automatic or manual tranny?

all i can tell you is..
oil does NOT dry up.. it generally soaks in. it will leave a nice dark stain on the driveway. if your leaking anything, you'd still see it there (unless its a reaaally small leak, or if its all leaked out already)

and if its a manual transmission, there shouldnt be a dipstick to check the fluid level, there will be a bolt in the transmission somewhere that you take out and stick your little finger into and feel for the fluid(which for a honda, should be regular motor oil unless its different from year to year)

hope this helps a little

Back