Where should I install my Intercooler?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I have a 1995 integra LS. I would to avoid cutting the bumper support. But next year I am going to do a JDM Type-R front end conversion. Soooo my question is where should I install my intercooler, and what size should I get?

get a JRC IC.

Mount it below the bumper support. I think it should fit with no problem. I never had to cut the bumper or anything on the shitvic.

First off how much do you wanna spend o the IC? look into the precision AS1021, its a nice size for a teg. I personally would stay away from JRC IC's but they r a good price and size...it all depends on your goals.

you can get a real nice one with that budget.

Your goal was around 250 hp. A JRC is plenty sufficient for that and is cheap. So I still say go with the JRC.

FWIW a JDM ITR front end does not have the 5 MPH bumper beams like the USDM cars, so no worries with the JDM front end getting in the way.

Right on my goal is to get 250 - 275 to the ground on my stock block with a turbo. Question, to install the JDM Type-R front will I need to remove my front bumper support? (I would like to have an easy time passing inspection, but if it has to go then I am sure I can find a "qualified" mechanic to pass it.)

Back