Where to go next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Import R

In my sig you will see a list of my current mods. I haven't had a chance to dyno and tune to run the nitrous. My eventual goal is 250-275 to the wheels with some boost (not including the juice). I'm hoping to piece together turbo parts over the next 6-8 months. I'm only looking to boost 5-8psi. Car will be daily driven and taken to the track occassionally. I have no intentions to turn the car into an all out track car, and I have no ambition to autox.

Aside from the obvious parts needed for the turbo, any suggestions on what else I could get to help out my current setup? Or perhaps something that will compliment the turbo setup?

I've seen quite a few people looking into aftermarket cams. Would I see better gains if I were to upgrade valve springs and retainers at the same time? How much higher could I safely rev to with aftermarket springs and retainers? 9k, 10k, more?

A better clutch, pressure plate, and 12lbs flywheel (too light?) would eventually come, but that's likely to be after the turbo installation.

My monthly budget for parts is $400-500. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Get the Hondata s200 with the boost+Nitrous options, and the three stage rev limiter (removal of rev limiter, drag launch control, full throttle shifting). Go to a dyno and TUNE DAMMIT!!! TUNE!!! Biggest compliment to your curent setup you could get.

www.hondata.com

go read up and be enlightened.

you don't need cams and you don't need to rev to 10k with a turbo. that would be a waste of time, money, and would be really hard on your motor. when you rev that high, it puts ALOT of stress on the cylinder walls.

only looking to rev slightly over stock. 8500 to 9k max. was just interested in what expectations there were on the limits of titanium retainers/springs/etc...

do most people run a hondata for stand-alone fuel? my friend keeps pulling for a haltech.

Back