where to start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
im going to be getting my crx DX back from the bodyshop soon and would like to start on the suspension. i want to get into auto x but i also want to drive the car and enjoy it out on the road. also what brake posibilities do i have. and what kind of sway and strut bars schould i get? i was thinking dc sports. thanks and any help will help.

definitely stay away from any DC sports suspension components. they are designed for show and are too flexible. for strut bars i would recommend cusco, mugen, spoon or neuspeed.

autox set-ups are totally streetable as long as you (or your girl) aren't pansey's about it. yeah,. it will ride stiff, but its not going to kill you.

the biggest thing to look at, is how competitive do you want to be? frankly, you have the best chance, stock. suspension and brake mods bump you into a harder class, racing bmw's and such.

have a look at your local scca club's rules/classings, as not all follow national rules.

well i remember taking a ride in your del sol and i was stiff but it was not too bad. you have tein right? and which kind? but is just the coilovers good enough to come and be competitive at auto x at new departure in the class that e bill were in. im talking about just suspension not motor yet.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Jan 3 2004, 04:33 PM
but is just the coilovers good enough to come and be competitive at auto x

i dont know what each class allows in terms of mods but coilovers (improved spring rates) and tires are the two biggest influences on your car's handling.

Back