where's nick.... i like an AFI song

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
This new Miss Murder track is pretty damn good... i keep listening to it. WTF is wrong with me? lol

right there with ya on that one...I saw the video on MTV a week or so ago and downloaded it...it's an unusually catchy track...

yeah, afi is gay, but this song rocks. actually, i "aquired" the album, and its actually a decent disk. maybe they ran out of stuff to whine about?

Does AFI stand for A Fag Inside?

Someone told me this yesterday but I really didn't think it was true.

AFI- Miss Murder Director's Cut - Google Video

directors cut video, for those that are curious
just watching it now

i desperately want to take some hedge trimmers to that dudes head...
and i'm not really digging the song at all... booooooo

the song sounds an assload better if you don't watch the video...
those douchebags are killing it as far as visual presentation

Last edited:
AFI is a very talented band. Personally if you like this stuff, I'd suggest getting Art of Drowning.

The newer stuff to me is kind of sell out and poppy compared to their roots.

i wonder if they all got punched in the face on june 6th?

but this is a good song.............wierd. I might have to check out some of their other stuff now.

there older stuff is straight up punk rock. they were classified as "east bay hardcore" for a long time.
some people say they sold out, but i dunno. if youve followed the band for a while you realise that every single cd has a different feel and sound to it.
its not like they just changed overnight, there music has evolved over the last 13 or 14 years to where its at now.

can someone who follows the band clear something up for me while we are on the topic of AFI...I have been playin in punk/hard rock bands for years now, did some national touring when I was younger (Warped Tour/Personal tours) and pretty much been into the punk scene since I was 12-13 (now 29). I remember when I bought the AFI album Proud of YA..I saore that AFI stood for "Asking For It"...but as time went on I lost touch with what they were doing...now it seems they are bigger than ever and about 2 years ago I had a buddy come up to me and say ..."man you gotta check out this band"..but he now called in A Fire Inside (as they are known today). My question is, did AFI EVER stand for "Asking For It" or I am just crazy?

Never stood for Asking for it. I am sorry.

I've been listening to them since umm shit 99'?

I agree, the have completely evolved. I'm a big fan of their mellower stuff though.

The CD is great once I accepted the fact that they will never go back to their "Black Sails" or "Art of Drowning" days. :sigh:

i always liked em, but i can't stand the way they look. i actually never thought that lead singer would look like little emo fag. i barely saw a pic of them like a month or so ago when someone on here made a comment about em.

that new song, ehh its ok, i prefer the older stuff though

Back