Which aftermarket intake?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lovinhonda

Ive come to the point of my swap where I need to buy an intake, it can be short ram or cold air. I just want it to make power. I'm not sure if there are any that will bolt in or not, someone please help...thanks.

Get a cold air intake from AEM with a nice bypass valve to keep you from ingesting water into your freshly swapped motor. Hydro lock is a big bitch. Or you could go with something like a Comptech cool air system or icebox. Its the same style as your factory set-up but draws in much cooler air and keeps water out too. Just my $.02

Dude, the company doesn't matter, just if you want CAI, get one. It doesn't matter from the 300 buck aem to the knock off ebay one, they are all teh same cept for the filter.

is the r1 cold air intake worth it, any better than regular CAI

the front mount inner cooler looking one

metal box with holes in it

dont really no damn aftermarket intake.....just use the stock one n throw in some k&n filter....works great alot cheaper too......

I would look into the AEM V2, I dunno know if this "next generation" intake system is all it's cracked up to be. But it's comming from a very reputable company. Not like say RCA mp3 players or something... not that I'm bitter

Is the diameter, of the tubing for the B18c5 intake larger, than the intake tube you would get specificaly for the crx?

Or is the intake opening the same for most models.

Originally posted by the_hulkamaniac@Aug 20 2003, 12:56 PM
Is the diameter, of the tubing for the B18c5 intake larger, than the intake tube you would get specificaly for the crx?

Or is the intake opening the same for most models.

The diameter is different yes. I think you can get a flange or something though...

Back