Which audio wires connect to what and where

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

I have a 92 Civic Si and my main audio connector has been cut. I want to know which wires are suppose to be connected. I realized this problem when I bought an adapter and I got the adapter and the cd player wires connected the way it should be but I still dont get any power. Anyone know what I mean? I could use the help????

I think you should try the Color to Color. If your Cars orig wire harness was cut out then thats your best bet. But i am new to hondas, so live and let learn.

I found out my problem and on my wire harness, Pin J is my +12 Volt Battery Wire and I found out that Pin J wasn't connected to anything. Well there is one more problem I cant find the other wire to connect Pin J back up. This is the website that I found out what wire is what and where it should be connected to. http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf
I have a 92 so it would be the top diagram. Okay now on my main harness Pin C and Pin J are NOT CONNECTED. I dont have power antenna so I dont need to connect Pin C to anything correct????? What im trying to figure out is where does the +12 Volt Battery Wire lead to so I can connect it to Pin J. Does anyone know???????

I did work for a Audio Installer for awhile, but we never did any kind of honda.. Thats a .pdf file which i can't open cause i don't have anything that will open it, i will go get one and take a look...

okay, if you installing a aftermarket cd player, look for the old whitew/yellow or Blue stripe, thats you orig 12+ volt battery wire on your honda

Now on the cd player look for the Yellow wire, thats your 12+ Volt Battery Wire for the cd player.
Photo Included!
Yellow wire is in red with arrow pointing.

Attachments

• harness2.JPG
    harness2.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 192
Thats the only problem I cant find the white w/yellow or blue strip. What I did for now is just have a wire directly from the battery to the wire and it work but I cant find a way to feed the wire through the firewall or through the door cause I want it hidden.

Nevermind and Sorry Everyone........I found a white w/blue strip wire and it was taped up so I could see it but I found it now and everything works.......Thanks for all the help anyway.......Take Care Everyone

Back