which block is better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicefdx

im looking at making my sohc vtec, i can either put a z6 head on my d15 or d16 block, which would be better/easier

esentially the d15 and d16 blocks from 88-91 are the same... the main difference is the compression ratio and delivery of fuel/air to the engine. So its just as easy to put a Z6 head on the D15 as it is to put it on the D16.

my d15 has dpfi while the d16 has mpfi i know that, so should i just get the mpfi conversion and then the z6 head, or the entire d16 block and z6 head, if the d16 block has a distint advantage in power, that what i think id do but i dont know if it does, helllp

the compression on the D16 is a bit higher fi im not mistaken... so if you use the Z6 on the D16 that will net you 9.955900714787137:1 where as if you use the D15 blcok you will get 9.408595671105702:1.

It isnt much, but still...

i just found out the d16a6 drivers side engine mount on the block got torn out cause the car was rolled...i dont know if i really want to mess around with welding that, so what should i get from the engine to add to my d15? or should i just have the engine mount welded? sounds pretty serious to me though

The engine mount from the block? If thats teh case, fuck it.

Take the cam and intake side of the engine off of it. The cam and intake manifold will go directly in/on the D15. Or you can put the Z6 head on hte D15 adn get 9.4:1 Compression which is good for boost!

Back