which block to choose from for ekhb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K-V-NO

a buddy of mines owes me some money from a previous bet, he wants to give me a block for exchange of money. i have two blocks to choose from but not sure which to choose. suggestions will really help me out. my plans are to swap in one of the blocks in my 99ek hatch. one of the blocks is a b20, but which tranny should i go with if i choose the b20. or a 1st gen b16 w/ racing pistons, port and polish, but again which tranny. i've been lookin into a b16b tranny. again any suggestions would really help.

Originally posted by K-V-NO@Oct 16 2003, 10:33 AM
a buddy of mines owes me some money from a previous bet, he wants to give me a block for exchange of money. i have two blocks to choose from but not sure which to choose. suggestions will really help me out. my plans are to swap in one of the blocks in my 99ek hatch. one of the blocks is a b20, but which tranny should i go with if i choose the b20. or a 1st gen b16 w/ racing pistons, port and polish, but again which tranny. i've been lookin into a b16b tranny. again any suggestions would really help.

what compression are the pictons in the b16 block? also what are you future plans? do you wanna go turbo? do you wanna stay all motor? etc etc etc

more info please

B)

Originally posted by 2 litre EG+Oct 16 2003, 06:54 PM-->
@Oct 16 2003, 10:33 AM

what compression are the pictons in the b16 block? also what are you future plans? do you wanna go turbo? do you wanna stay all motor? etc etc etc

more info please

B)

not too sure what is the compression, but my plans is to go all motor

a b16b tranny will be tough to get ahold of. get it if you have a hook up though, i would suggest a type r tranny if not. i say go with the b20. there is a lot more torque available and more displacement.

take the b16

sell it to someone with a 4th gen.

get an obd2 swap and save yourself a headache and a half

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 16 2003, 02:36 PM
a b16b tranny will be tough to get ahold of. get it if you have a hook up though, i would suggest a type r tranny if not. i say go with the b20. there is a lot more torque available and more displacement.

i retract my previous statement. i'm with B

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 16 2003, 07:36 PM

if not a itr tranny, how about a gsr tranny. will there be any problems or disadvantages with a b20/b18 tranny swap. and does anyone know what i need for a b20 swap

Back