Which Cam??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

Hey i was looking into buying a cam for my Z6 and was wondering if i should go with a street/strip cam or a turbo cam. I am running the JRSC on 6pds with all other mods listed in my sig. Do you think that i will have to have valvespring and retainers replaced as well?? im porting the head myself and getting a valve job, any advice is welcome thanks

i think crower makes sohc D series cams now, not sure though

give Zex a ring, and I would suggest to leave the porting to the pros :)

i was looking into cranecams i beleive and they dont look that bad, but i have already ported 3heads so im not worried about anyof that

anybody else have any sugestions?? any info will be apreciated thanks

will any of these cams be good with low boost ?? im thinking so just as long as i have the right fuel and ignition

also after a while i might decide to go with 10pd pulley , wont be that much of a difference but just wondering Thanks

Crower makes a turbo (FI) grind SOHC VTEC cam:

http://www.crower.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=63441T

d16z.jpg

Stage 2 - Designed specifically for turbo charged and supercharger applications. Features short duration and high lift. Requires springs and retainer kit

You want the stage 2 "T" model.

Skunk2's turbo grind cam is still "TBA" according to their web site, and I haven't heard of anyone buying it yet either.

:what he said:

go with the crowers .... they make badass cams and your not going to be paying for the "mAdD JDM nAmE y0!!!1!"

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 26 2004, 02:02 AM
:what he said:

go with the crowers .... they make badass cams and your not going to be paying for the "mAdD JDM nAmE y0!!!1!"

:werd:

Crower has the D cams for only $321 on their site, and that's quite a bit less than I'm seeing Crower cams sell at a lot of online stores too!

Back