Which Car?

I already own the 93DX. If I am going to want to get the most bang for my buck what do I do?

• 2) Buy a 4th gen CRX and swap in a b16

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uconn1150

I want a daily driver and possibly autox later on. Please pick one and explain why. If you have different ideas, please post them as well. Thanx! :worthy:

EDIT: I meant 1988-1991 CRX...don't know if that is considered 4th gen or not...

Gee, 4 votes for keeping what I have now, but no reasons...

I thought you guys would have voted for the rex...hmm...help convince me one way or the other! Thanks!

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Aug 12 2003, 08:51 PM
once you have the REX you will see alot more options

That's not true. The 5G Civic's engine bay is the most versatile out of 4G to 7G Civics.

i guess uconn's saying the crx's are a little lighter, capable of higher power to weight ratios, thus more potential???

i would keep your car if i were you. my personal preference of civics: EK>EG>EF's. but calesta's right eg's have the most versatile engine bays, and it looks better.

newer cars are always better imo. b16a2 has more hps and a lil more torque than the b16a1 so it'll make up for the power to weight ratio. :roll:

i would go with the rex, 88 hf 1700 lbs, vs your 4 door dx 2300 pounds go with a rex

I have a 92 LX and now have about 700 miles on my sir2 b16 and I love it. I thought about selling my car and buying a new one but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I really like my car and liked everything about it except the lack of power. Mines a daily driver, I'd like to get into auto-x one of these days but probably not with this car because i have a feeling that with all the stuff I've done I'd be in a modified class and wouldn't be able to compete.

I think the 5g civics are the best looking of all of them and I would say stick with what you have and swap in an engine, I'm happy with mine and there is still tons of potential :D

if you are really serious about autocross I'd look into your local rules and figure out the different classes and what types of mods are allowed for each class

good luck

I'd sell the DX and try to get a 91 Si Rex.

You're going to have better suspension and all wheel disk.

i would go with the crx. They are light yet very aerodynamic. I had a crx with d16z6 motor with aem cold air and full ehaust system. The car was amazing because it beat a 5 speed gt mustang. Who knows what a b16 motor in this car could produce.

Back