which cat will work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

which cat do i need to make everything line up and fit? my car came without any exhaust on it at all, so i don't have a stock cat or anything, not that i would really wanna use it anyway- but what cat has everyone been using when doing this swap?

mmmmm, ok- so as long as a pick up a cat the same as stock i should be fine? because like i said my car came with no cat and no exhaust- so i wanted to be sure before i boiught one

i dont know if its the same with EG's but the header on a 94-99 GSR is about 2 inches shorter then the other headers. my guess will be you will have the same problem. unless your motor is a 2000-2001, but if its not, you should change the header, not the cat. get the header for an ITR.

ok, yeah that's what i thought- i'm getting a 99 gsr with 30k on it- so i'm going to have that problem- thanks

If worse comes to worse, get what you can, and have a muffler shop fill in up any missing space.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Jan 27 2004, 06:02 AM
yeah that's true, or i could always weld something up myself- i was just trying not to go that route

I hear you, I had to cut about 3/4 of an inch out of my cat, it was a pain in the ass.

i say you get the cat for a 99 gsr because some have different cats. mine has a long cat with a o2 in it and no o2 in header. some are shorter and a o2 is in the header. if you have the one with a o2 in the header get the shorter cat.

Back