Which cv boot do I need??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xpman

I've got a '91 CRX with a JDM b16a swap. I was told when I bought the car that the engine is from a '92 Integra. All of the suspension (as far as I know) is CRX except for the knuckle which is from a Teg. I've got a torn cv boot and I need to replace it but I don't know what boot to buy. To order them, they ask for the engine size 1.5L or 1.6L. I know it's a 1.6 but I'm not 100% certain that the half shaft is from a CRX. I'm guessing that since the engine and knuckle are from the Teg that the cv is also. It's possible that it doesn't even matter because a lot of the CRX and Integra suspension parts seem to be interchangeable.

Also, locally I've tried to buy 1.6L Integra parts but the 1.6L wasn't offered here in the states. If it is the Integra half shaft boot I need, will the 1.7L boot fit? Or maybe the 1.6L CRX boot??

The JDM b16a's are pretty popular so I'm sure I'm not the first one to come across this!

Quoted post[/post]]
How you tell which ones you've got? Is there a part # somewhere?

Ok, can anyone tell me with any certainty what axles I need for a '91 CRX with a JDM b16a from a '92 Integra? The knuckles are also Integra but that's about all I know!! The intermediate shaft and cv's are mystery parts to me.

Back