Which DC header would fit my hybrid???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hi guys, I really need your experiences and helps. I have a 96 civic cx hb with a B18C. I recently purchased a full exhaust system with a test pipe and installed on my car, but the two holes on the flange of the test pipe wont match the two holes on my B18c stock header flange. I went to a shop that do full services and also sell after market parts. I tried the DC header that is made for a GSR and the holes on the DC header flange match perfectly to the test pipe's. I want to buy the DC header, but the mechanic guy that works in the shop said " the DC header will not work unless I buy the DC header that made for the type r due to the fact that the oil pan of the JDM GSR is difference from the usmd motor. So, if anyone of you have this motor on your 96-98 hatchback, please tell me what after market header you use. thanks

:hmm: i dont think thats the case.

DC type R header = DC gs-r header, there is no difference.

Just get a gsr one.

forgot to add:

if you have a 96' you won't need a test pipe???
just get a header back exhaust system made for the 96 HB and with a B series header it'll bolt right up as long as the collector's the right size.

Back