which ecu for d16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philyphreak2127

Back in the Game
I swapped a d16y8 ecu into my 98 civic dx. which ecu should I run so I can wire up vtec?

If you swapped in the y8 ecu then you already have a vtec ecu because the y8 is a vtec engine so naturally the ecu will run vtec.

If you meant you swapped in the y8 motor and you're asking about the ecu then check the reference section in the tech forums.

I swapped a d16y8 ecu into my 98 civic dx. which ecu should I run so I can wire up vtec?

Seriously? You just answered your own question...

If you swapped a D16Y8, then use a D16Y8 ECU...

Then look it up. There's an ECU list in the reference materials on this site, and the one you need is on there. I know because I just went and looked at it. I'm not going to spoon feed it to you though...

you can use p28 (obd-IIa) ecu or p2p and of these will work for the D16y8.

So I'm new to this. I just bought a 99 Honda civic ex 5 speed. The kid I bought it from said he did a motor swap. Well once he did that it created an idle issue. He said it was the idle air control valve, but I got that replaced and still didn't fix it. So upon research I now think it's because it's the wrong ecu. Could that be the problem?? (Ive checked vacuum lines and all other common problems for idle issues.) when the cars in neutral the idle jumps from 1000-2000rpms up and down up and down. It also bogs down at lower rpms. any information would be appreciated!!! :D

Back