1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which ECU for h22

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by law195, May 28, 2004.

1. law195

law195 Junior Member

I am trying to put together a h22 for a road course car. I have seen that ECU swapping is just as much as engines. What ECU's would fit and which would suit me best? Actually an idea for a FAQ is there any list of which ECU can be swapped to whatever car?

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

P13 is your best bet. A P72 can be used as well, but it will run lean without some sort of engine management.

3. wtaccord@aol.com

wtaccord@aol.com Junior Member

What if you got a '97 Accord in Ca. and want to stay ODBII to keep smog legal? I got a '97 h22 in the garage with a '99 tranny. From what I've seen so far I cant use the prelude ecu that came with it because of the security key crap built into the ludes. Would I want a P73? I think that's from a '97+ integra but I'm a newbe so who knows.

4. project_accord

project_accord Member

you can use a p13 from a 96 prelude if you can find one. i tried to find one for a long time and couldn't, you can buy a brand new one from honda for about $700, the 96 lude was the only year they made and obd2 p13 without the immobilizer. i am running a p72 from a 96 intrgra gsr and it works but it doesn't run nearly as well as it did when i was obd1 with the jdm p13. also you don't want to get the p73 because it wont control the iab.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted