1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which ecu should i use?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by inspecta83, Nov 19, 2003.

1. inspecta83

inspecta83 Senior Member

ok..i have a b18b with a hondata 2B and i just wanted to know which ecu should i get? i'm assuming that i'd have to get an obd 1 LS ecu (P75, P74, or the PR4). also, whats the diff between the 2B and the s200? thanks

2. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

3. inspecta83

inspecta83 Senior Member

any other suggestions? anyone? i did some more research and i found out that i could use anyone of the following ecu's....P74,P75,P06,PR4,P28,P30,P72,P61. i know that there are differences amongst all of these and just wanted to know which would be best for me?

like i said b4 i have a b18b crx w/ a max rev turbo kit, hondata 2b, 550cc rc's, 255lph fuel pump. thanks

4. inspecta83

inspecta83 Senior Member

anyone out there?? oh, one more thing, i got that list of ecu's from hondata's site and i just wanted to know, how could i use a vtec ecu w/ a non vtec motor?

5. cointelpro

cointelpro Senior Member

i think you could use any b series ecu with a b series engine, but your fuel map will be fucked the hell up if your running a vtec ecu without vtec. thats just a guess.

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you can use a vtec ecu on the ls.... simply set the vtec point to like 9k, and thus it will never look for the sensors

7. calvin

calvin Senior Member

PR4 is obd 1 i think

8. inspecta83

inspecta83 Senior Member

thanks...

there's an obd 0 PR4 as well as an obd 1 Pr4

9. Joseph Davis

Joseph Davis Member

Newsflash.

All OBD1 Civic/Integra ECUs, except the P07 from the Civic VX, are the same damn thing. They run each other's code interchangeably, with a few stumbling blocks: P05/Civic CX lacks O2 heater circuit transitor ($0.37) meant for 4-wire O2 compliant code, and the non-VTEC ECUs lack the transitors, resistors, jumpers, and suchlike ($1.84) for VTEC operation.

So, for your LS, stay away from P05 and P07.

10. inspecta83

inspecta83 Senior Member

i recently found out that the hondata only works with obd 1 ecu's and the obd 0 pr3.....like i said b4, my set up is a obd o crx with an obd 0 b18b1, and i basically wanted to know:

#1 do i have to convert the car back over to obd 1 so that i can use a obd 1 ecu with my hondata?

OR

#2 so that i wont have to go thru the hassle of converting back to obd 1...would i be able to use a obd 0 pr3 w/o sacrificing any performance etc. (since you said vtec ecu's can be used with Ls's)??

thanks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted