which ecu should i use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

inspecta83

ok..i have a b18b with a hondata 2B and i just wanted to know which ecu should i get? i'm assuming that i'd have to get an obd 1 LS ecu (P75, P74, or the PR4). also, whats the diff between the 2B and the s200? thanks

any other suggestions? anyone? i did some more research and i found out that i could use anyone of the following ecu's....P74,P75,P06,PR4,P28,P30,P72,P61. i know that there are differences amongst all of these and just wanted to know which would be best for me?

like i said b4 i have a b18b crx w/ a max rev turbo kit, hondata 2b, 550cc rc's, 255lph fuel pump. thanks

anyone out there?? oh, one more thing, i got that list of ecu's from hondata's site and i just wanted to know, how could i use a vtec ecu w/ a non vtec motor?

i think you could use any b series ecu with a b series engine, but your fuel map will be fucked the hell up if your running a vtec ecu without vtec. thats just a guess.

you can use a vtec ecu on the ls.... simply set the vtec point to like 9k, and thus it will never look for the sensors

Newsflash.

All OBD1 Civic/Integra ECUs, except the P07 from the Civic VX, are the same damn thing. They run each other's code interchangeably, with a few stumbling blocks: P05/Civic CX lacks O2 heater circuit transitor ($0.37) meant for 4-wire O2 compliant code, and the non-VTEC ECUs lack the transitors, resistors, jumpers, and suchlike ($1.84) for VTEC operation.

So, for your LS, stay away from P05 and P07.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 26 2003, 12:55 AM
you can use a vtec ecu on the ls.... simply set the vtec point to like 9k, and thus it will never look for the sensors

i recently found out that the hondata only works with obd 1 ecu's and the obd 0 pr3.....like i said b4, my set up is a obd o crx with an obd 0 b18b1, and i basically wanted to know:

#1 do i have to convert the car back over to obd 1 so that i can use a obd 1 ecu with my hondata?

OR

#2 so that i wont have to go thru the hassle of converting back to obd 1...would i be able to use a obd 0 pr3 w/o sacrificing any performance etc. (since you said vtec ecu's can be used with Ls's)??

thanks

Back