Which ECU to run? (mini me swap)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

unrealwrc

ok heres my setup
98 civic dx
d16y7 block
94 d16z6 trans and head
warner ishi ihi rbh52 w/ .48 ar and custom top mount setup.
dsm450cc injectors
aem fpr and fuel rail
walbro 255hp lph
arp head studs
cometic metal ehad gasket
cp low comp pistons
eagle connecting rods
clevite bearings
+ tons of other goodies i just car not to mention cause its not needed

well i will be running vafc2 hack and im wondering about just controlling the vtec through the vtec controller or since i have a p72(99 obd2a gsr ecu) if i should swap com,puters and increase redline wile dumping enough fuel for a 1.8 liter. well since the vafc2 only haas adjustable fuel maps of +/- 50% will the p72 ecu add 2 much fuel with the injectors and fuel pump and will i not be able to controll it tot he poitn of being a daily driver. i should be pushing about 12-15 psi( most my turbo can handle till i upgrade the turbo setup soon;). if any of yall know anything please help me out if none of this works then i might just go greddy emanage ultimate.

main question is should i justrunt he p32 ecu w/ vafc2 or swap to a p72 w/ vafc2? and if p72 will it be 2 much?

the p72 will want a knock sensor and IAB while the p28 you dont need a knock sensor and doesnt look for a IAB

yea but im not going to switch to an obd1 ecu and wiring the other sensors is no problem for me. i guess ill just stay p32 non-vtec n see how that works first unless if i switch to an obd1 ecu liek the p28 will i be able to pass obd2 emissions were all they do is plus int he computer?

i dont know where your from and how your emissions are, but my crx passed the roller emissions with a obd1 setup (jdm p30 ecu, locash racing obd0 to obd1 ecu adpater harness). so I think you would be fine in passing the emissions unless your in California, then I have no clue.

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont know where your from and how your emissions are, but my crx passed the roller emissions with a obd1 setup (jdm p30 ecu, locash racing obd0 to obd1 ecu adpater harness). so I think you would be fine in passing the emissions unless your in California, then I have no clue.

well im in illinois and the way they check obd2 computers is that they plug this machine into a little plug thats goes toe cu and ti tells if any check engine lights are on and i think checks for a few things. there is no roller and they do not hook anything up to the exhaust. its wierd but now the ecu has to recognize the machine and be able to detect thinmgs so im wondering would should i do to pass emissions.

wow IDK what to say I have never heard of that. but if it were me i would run the obd2 ecu

Run an OBD2 EX ECU from a 96+ Civic EX, and you could probably still run the VFAC hack. Best bet would be an OBD1 P28, socketed with Crome.

Ditch the VFAC FTW.

Back