1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Ecu?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by daveLafleur, Jun 12, 2003.

1. daveLafleur

daveLafleur Member

:unsure: ok i have a 4th gen dx swapped to an 89 integ ls for the mpfi....the engine is great but wish i could get more out of it....the d16a8/9 is a beast with all the same specs (bore/stroke) with minor differences in compression and i believe ecu's but which would be the best choice for me :unsure:

2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

probably the ecu for the engine, i believe it is a pm7... but, maybe it is me i really do not understand your post are you asking what ecu is best for a d168/9 in terms of performace? if that is your question, there really is no performance ecu for that motor, i guess you could run a DOHC ZC ecu, maybe that would give some gains, I know some guys who run ZCs that have crx si (pm6) ecus. but they are all looking for pm7s...

3. daveLafleur

daveLafleur Member

Thanks. I actually have the d16a1. I didn't know if some ecu's were closer to what my ecu would be chipped. i have the pm7 i guess i'll order a chip

4. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted