Which engine from JDM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uk Civic

I have a 92 1.5 lsi civic hatch, and have just taken the step of taking out my engine without having another ready! The 1st question i have is which engine to put in? I have decided it will either be the 1.6 or one 1.8 but i am not sure of what version code to go for. The other problem i have is that as i am in the uk it isnt as easy to get hold of all the parts that you would need, which is when i came across the JDM website and the ship worldwide! So my 2nd question is if i ship it from states as i can get everything i need in one go and will be so much less hassle to source everything, will it drop in my uk civic the same as normal? I know i am asking alot but i just cant get the info i need from the uk!

Look in Honda salvage yards in what ever coutry you are in since the whole honda swaps are not really popular, you can get them real cheap. A guy on here from germany got a b16 swap for insanly cheap.

Originally posted by Uk Civic@Oct 29 2003, 04:57 PM
I have a 92 1.5 lsi civic hatch, and have just taken the step of taking out my engine without having another ready! The 1st question i have is which engine to put in? I have decided it will either be the 1.6 or one 1.8 but i am not sure of what version code to go for. The other problem i have is that as i am in the uk it isnt as easy to get hold of all the parts that you would need, which is when i came across the JDM website and the ship worldwide! So my 2nd question is if i ship it from states as i can get everything i need in one go and will be so much less hassle to source everything, will it drop in my uk civic the same as normal? I know i am asking alot but i just cant get the info i need from the uk!

If it is between the b16, and the b18.... definitely go with a gsr motor b18c1.... more power, and great fi potential as well

Deffinately search salvage yards in your area for B16's and B18's - dont worry about trying to buy a motor from an online store cause those motors can be found all over the place (if you dont live here that is).

BTW - although the B18C puts out slightly more power than the B16A, its really not that different. I have beaten GSR's with I/H/E and they have beaten me - basically, just get whatever you can as long as it is a B16/18 and is in good condition.

Thanks for the advise guys, i know it would be cheaper to get the engine from here in the uk, because i have found a b16a2 engine for about £650, about $1,100, but its just finding eveything else! I dont really know exactly what i will need, and i dont want to get stuck into it and then find i need to source something else! Thats why i looked at the companys in the states, as they can send the engine with everything! If i could get a list of exactly what parts i would need, and get hold of them, then yes it probably would be better getting from the uk!

even the companys that send it with "everything" people always seem to be missing something but most of the stuff can be grabbed from a salvage or a local dealer so as long as you plan your project on paper as best you can before you should be ok.with any swap in any car expecting a minor hiccup and handling it without too much frustration is the key.good luck.

Originally posted by deth101@Oct 30 2003, 03:58 PM
even the companys that send it with "everything" people always seem to be missing something but most of the stuff can be grabbed from a salvage or a local dealer so as long as you plan your project on paper as best you can before you should be ok.with any swap in any car expecting a minor hiccup and handling it without too much frustration is the key.good luck.

Your tellin me - i had a busted TPS and a crappy igniter that came with my swap - and now im startin to get some 3rd gear syncro probs (partly my fault).

Back