which engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slamedciv

I have a spending limit of 3500 to 4000 dollars. With this money I am gettin a swap, I am not gonna do it myself cause I cant do the wiring. I cant make up my mind which engine I should get. I was thinking about b18b1 integra ls motor. Then I started thinking about a d16y8/z6 turbo. (suggestions please)

for the ls with a header strait jdm would cost 3467.67 but I have not asked about any other engines. I would like some feedback on what you guys think I should do, or atleast some advice. Thanx

I would say save up a little more cash for a nice b18c, good gearing, vtec, and a 1.8. It is a great motor to start on when inside the car.

what are you uses for the car, is it a daily driver? a strip car only, these would help in our quide to tellin you the engine you want... I dont have to buy a J-spec B18B... get a usdm one, LSVTEC it... C1 or B16A Head on the B18B block that pretty cheap... and a b series transmission too... ECU go to alljdm.net

It will be a daily driver, a very fast daily driver and I was thinking about ls v tec, but see I cant get that much money that fast, I am pullin a little load and I cant get anymore then 35 to 4 grand out of it, so that makes my options pretty small. The catch is my engine right now is going out so I dont have time to save anymore.

will a hydro tranny work on a ls? (b18b1)

What car do you have? a B18B1 is a hydrolic transmission man... do some research before you even start your project... find out if your car is a Hydro or Cable trans first, then find out the OBD of your car, then find out what engine is stock with you car. Know the codes of your car, makes it easy adn sometimes on Hondaswap cars are refered to by their chassis codes, engiens are refered to by their codes as well and so on. You dont have to know this per se' but just be familiar with it. Ya' men?

Originally posted by slamedciv@Sep 24 2003, 09:54 AM
All I want is some ideas, a swap that will cost less then 4 grand in a 92 civic

dude do the ls because if you want vtec later all you need is a head if you get a gsr it will be like twice the cost of a ls and the sohc is garbe it will limit you later on the line because more then likely when start you don't stop you want more hp

Originally posted by dok@Sep 24 2003, 11:21 AM

dude do the ls because if you want vtec later all you need is a head if you get a gsr it will be like twice the cost of a ls and the sohc is garbe it will limit you later on the line because more then likely when start you don't stop you want more hp

dok we have had this conversion once before, you need to improve on your ENGLISH, which is our chosen language here on HS... so improve yO' And D series wont limit him, they are so underestimated... LSVTEC isnt necassarilly (sp?) better becuase you have to rebuild the bottom end with better pieces to support a higher revving engine, better water and oil pump most likely the B18C1's components, (or B20 Oil Pump) and you also have to modify the block to accept the oil dowels for the VTEC head...

do the vtec first, if you want more displacement later it is MUCH easier to find an ls block than a vtec head, ecu, wiring harness, distributor...

If you're on a budget, and just looking for a step up, but still a pretty quick motor, just get a B16A. You should just have enough for shipping and installation.

I DID AN LS SWAP IN MY CIVIC FOR ABOUT $2000...
600 FOR THE MOTOR
400 FOR THE TRANNY
600 FOR LABOR
300 +/- IN MISCELLANEOUS PARTS....SHIFT LINKAGE....BRAKETS....etC

I say go with vtec - dont let the lsvtec argument get your attention cause all the fastest hondas run turbo B18C's and H22A's - not lsvtec.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 24 2003, 11:18 AM
What car do you have? a B18B1 is a hydrolic transmission man... do some research before you even start your project... find out if your car is a Hydro or Cable trans first, then find out the OBD of your car, then find out what engine is stock with you car. Know the codes of your car, makes it easy adn sometimes on Hondaswap cars are refered to by their chassis codes, engiens are refered to by their codes as well and so on. You dont have to know this per se' but just be familiar with it. Ya' men?

Ok, Nu-image auto salon is where I am gonna have it done. They told me that it came with a cable tranny, I dont know a shit load about transmissions yet so I did not know if a hydro would work on it. I already know the obds that is why I would put an ls in my car. I know the codes, I have a d15b7 in my car right now. it is obd 1 , the b18 to my knowledge is obd1.
I think instead of bitching u should help people out, That is hater shit

oh well I do have a set budget and I just wanted some help some ideas....

if you want to keep it cheap and save money do the ls motor. and if you still want turbo build an ls/turbo motor. keeping the ls tranny for longer gears. but if you keep it all motor try to get a b16 tranny shorter gears. i am swaping my civic from d15b7 to b18a1 with a b16 sr4c tranny.

Originally posted by jordan@Sep 25 2003, 02:49 PM
if you want to keep it cheap and save money do the ls motor. and if you still want turbo build an ls/turbo motor. keeping the ls tranny for longer gears. but if you keep it all motor try to get a b16 tranny shorter gears. i am swaping my civic from d15b7 to b18a1 with a b16 sr4c tranny.

Whats an sr4c tranny?

Back