1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Exhaust Should I Get

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by vietec, Feb 16, 2003.

1. vietec

vietec Member

I would like to know which kind of exhaust that you guys think that performs well for NA or Turbo without having a Tip thats too big. Can someone help me?

2. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

a custom setup will work the best and is usally cheaper than a cookie cutter setup go to your local muffler shop and ask them what it would cost for mandrel bent exuast piping

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

nothing. pick one or the other. NA exahust on a turbo car will hold it back. turbo exhaust on an NA car will hold it back.

4. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

exactly, i totally agree with B... if you do go NA, then i cant really recommend any big brand companies cause i just prefer a simple mandrel bent 2.5" piping with a superflo... i like it to look stock...

but as for turbo exhaust set up... i'd go with a 3" exhaust from Tanabe... they sound clean on b16 turbo as far as im concerned... but its all up to you, pick one

5. ekPhred

ekPhred Senior Member

yea, if you want to go n/a and have a stock looking exhaust, try looking into getting an ES oval muffler. i have it in my ride at the moment and love the stock look of it and sound. some of my boys hate it, but i like it because of it's simplicity. plus, you don't get hassled by the pigs. damn so cal pigs! :D

peace!

6. vietec

vietec Member

Okay so what if i decide to go NA? What do you guys think then

7. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

if you actually utilize a 2.5" collector then stick with 2.5" all the way down the pipe... if not then stick with 2.25"

either way though have it custom mandrel bent, with a magnaflow muffler or the ES Oval... or even a superflo...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted